• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pelizzari's record attempt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The road to 100 metres...

Here is the insider on the road to 100 metres....

First of all, where we are at now.

Deepest unofficial dives in constant weight:
1. Herbert Nitsch -89m
1. Manolis Giankos -89m
3. Eric Fattah -88m

Deepest dives in free immersion
1. Martin Stepanek -90m
2. Patrick Musimu -89m

Herbert has told me that he will try for the 100m constant in August 2002. Martin Stepanek is also going to try for the 100m constant, sometime next summer, I don't know when. I'm also going to try for it next summer, but since it is important to do more than the target in training, my goal is -110 to -111m in training which should take 4:00 to 4:04.

Of course, there could be a controversy around these dives, since they will probably be judged by different organisations.

We might also see 100m+ free immersion dives from Patrick Musimu, Trevor Hutton or Martin.

2002 will definitely be the 100m year. But it won't stop there. 2003 will be the 120m year. Then things will slow down a lot.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

100+

Whoever is going to do this, I hope there's gonna be (hi quality) video about dive.

80+ dives last something like 3' and some seconds, and Eric wrote that he's going to do more than 4 minutes. How far this could be taken? Where's the limit? And of course there're all the other problems, narcosis etc.

But anyway, I hope you guys make it. And lots of luck to that. I'm happy if I make -50 next summer :)

dive records

I know I'm just an amateur here, but I have an opinion on all this controversy about the dive record judging, and I think it could be cleared up by one simple rule. To me, if a diver could make it to the surface, swim over to the boat without pausing for rest, and climb onto the boat, all of these acts unassisted by anyone else, then that would prove to me that that person had completed the dive and is still concious and coherent, and has gotten the record. And they could even make a rule that the dive platform has to be, say 10 or 20 feet or whatever from the boat so the person actually has to swim a few strokes to get there. Then if the person wants to lay back and go to sleep once he/she is on the boat, that's perfectly fine, because that person has proved that they were concious upon ascending by being able to swim and climb onto the boat. Also if that person was having a real samba it doesn't seem to me that they would be able to immediately swim to the boat, so it would clear up that problem as well. Anybody else think this is a good idea?
Nick

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT