• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Perch Exploration Trip?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BigThreeForLife

Apr 2, 2011
Hey guys,

Anyone want to go to Kenosha to chase some Perch/rough fish. I talked to Scott and generally the best results are during the summer (I definately was successful last summer), but I've really got the itch to get some diving in even if we don't see any perch.

I was riding my bike along the lake in Chicago and saw people catching perch in the harbors, so I'm wondering if there will be some fish around Kenosha?

Looking at the regs we could go until April 30th before it closes (please correct me if I'm reading this incorrectly). I'm available on Saturday mornings so let me know if you have any interest.

Panfish Fishing Season Dates - WDNR

Chris

You should send a message to KALIN and Vladas - I am planning on doing a few Lake Michigan trips, but not until June/July.

Perch is active all year around...ice fishing for example....but ask Scott for spearfishing for the moment

Perch in LAKE MICHIGAN closes between April 30 - June 16th (or something close to that). At IN-Land lakes, it's open all year. The Limits are different between Lake Michigan and In-Land, which I'm sure everyone is fully aware of.

The water is super dirty at the breakwall right now. Wait and go after 2-3 days of 5+ mph west wind. Perch are few this early; there are a few pre-spawn females around, but I try to leave them alone.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT