• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Performance Freediving Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pezman

We pee deep. Ew!
Sep 24, 2002
Is it feasible to set an AIDA record during a PFD training session? I know that F.R.E.E. will sanction records set during its courses and I was wondering if PFD is able to do this as well.

I think it would be a fun to take a stab at the U.S. Men's CBNF record while it's still w/in the reach of mere mortals.

Pezman,
In our clinic Kirk told Scott Turgent that if he wanted to attempt a US dynamic record when we came back to finish up (we didn’t get to do the deep water part due to bad weather) to let him know and he would arrange for a judge to be there.

I don’t know the details, but I know you have so many days ahead of an attempt you have to declare it. That is why the scheduled attempts are list at http://www.aida-international.org/announced_attempts.htm . Kirk might not be able to accommodate a depth record at a clinic, because of the increased AIDA requirements, such as safety divers, doctor, etc.. I don’t know what all the requirements are. I would guess a static or dynamic attempt would be more possible at a clinic.

The USAA was attempting to get insurance to hold up to 3 events in the US this year to pick a team for the Worlds. Seems like it is getting a little late for this to happen so people could plan for it. If it ever does happen, this year or the next, it would probably be the lowest cost way for someone in the US to set a CB record.
don

http://usaa.freedivers.com/records.php

These records are a little out of date and I don't think that the USAA has established any rules on how to set records yet. Results of competitions and trials have been accepted. The advance notice and qualifying rules are for world records and don't apply to national records unless specified. The last time this discussion came up, at least some of the board members seemed to agree that keeping the rules simple and encouraging would be record holders is a good idea. I believe that the no fins categories are open except for Tanya's CB.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT