• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Perry Gladstone's WR attempt coverage

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cheese

a dairy product
Nov 1, 2002
Thanks go out to Perry Gladstone for his well written and interesting coverage of the two record attempts.

The best thing about the coverage, and something that people should learn from is that when a mistake was made, it was openly admitted.
A very simple mistake, and something I have never really given much thought to before... at least I have learned something by reading the coverage.

Better luck to the two athletes in the future, and most important of all, I hope both are fully recovered now.

Yeah I agree - big thanks to Perry for a beautifully written, heart stirring account of the last few days. it really felt like being there, not just being there but being part of it. It rubs in how lucky we were in Cyprus (and how well organised) and maybe most importantly, makes clear the number one status of safety in any freediving.
Inspirational stuff that made me want to cry for Mandy-Rae, Tom and poor Tom's wife!

Puts the meaning back in a world of tabloid freediving coverage where its all about looking good and diving down as far as so many double decker buses... and not about the human side, the hard work, time, money, disappointments, excitement, training and heartfelt passion at the core of it!

that's quite enough from me..

sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT