• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Personal Bests?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

P.B. in constant ballast?

• 10 meters or less

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • 20 meters

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • 30 meters

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • 40 meters

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • 50 meters

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • 60-100

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
hi

They are some big improvements bro, I think I need Kirk to help me with my constant but not sure if he could be much help to me with my statics.

cheers

Originally posted by Mattedhead
. I just returned from Kirk's Clinic Wed. and it was amazing. Several people have posted their concerns.."is it worth the $" ABSOLUTELY!
matt

Kirk is "The Man". Good dude too...no BS or headtrips.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Broke 40m this weekend.

It felt great.

Will try with a monofin for the first time tomorrow...

Al

Reactions: loopy
Great!

Congrat. for 40m... i wish someday i will be able to dive so deep too.
I am still stuck at 25m:(

Jure

I found that you need a number of things to be right :

1. Confidence in your buddy

2. Confidence from the water conditions (visibility especially - it's nice to be able to see your buddy when you've still got 25m left in the ascent!)

3. Confidence that you could get to the surface with your arms. It really is easier to pull yourself up. I would always ensure that the rope is attached to something sufficiently boyant.

Then you gotta go for it.

I could never have gone that deep if I didn't have a buddy at the same level to push me deeper.

Whatever may be said about diving within your own limits, I feel that you need something to take you beyond what you consider to be a 'safe' depth. Around 28 I found equalising got tricky and I had to break through this wall. There was another one at 37 for me. If you read Jaques Mayol's book then his whole diving career has been about confronting these barriers, despite what science may have said.

Ciao

Al

OK, I haven't posted here in quite a while so I thought I'd throw up some of my new numbers.

Static Apnea - 7:17 achieved 2weeks before the Sony Freediver Open Classic

Static Apnea in a competiton - 6:51 a new US National Record achieved at the Sony Freediver Open Classic (Eric F. I'm changing my email signature:D )

Constant Ballast - 70m 230ft achieved in training 2 days before my competition dive at the Sony Freediver Open Classic

Constant Ballast in a competition - 65m 213ft achieved at the Sony Freediver Open Classic making me the deepest American in an international competition

And you guys please remember that there are more people in the competitions than the top 10 athletes. In Cyprus there were 166 other competitors besides the Costas, Nitch's, Stepanek's and Frolla's. There are people like Emma Farrell who had never been below 27m and subscribed 32m and succeeded. And Roger Keizer who scored 19 in static for a breath hold under 2 minutes. These people are my hero's:inlove and deserve recognition and props. So if you guys know anyone who was in the competition and know there numbers post them for us to see and tells us how they feel and what they think. OK

DSV

Originally posted by DSV
OK,
Static Apnea in a competiton - 6:51 a new US National Record achieved at the Sony Freediver Open Classic (Eric F. I'm changing my email signature:D )

DSV

Somehow the phrase "almost the one" does'nt have quite the same ring to it. Solid numbers for the comp none the less. Well done.

DSV, sure you meant "throw up some numbers"? How does that look like?:duh

Anyway, let`s not think about that too far, congrats for said numbers!

I said in a former post i`ll report when i hit 4:00. So then, I am proud to announce that now i can consider myself a 4-minute-guy!I know this is not a big shot for you guys, but for me it certainly is!

TTFN, have a nice day, Joe

ooh, nooo! I`m in the wrong thread!!! Sorry for that, it was meant to appear in the Static PB thread, my apologies...

Hey groats,

You can post anywhere you want.

Remember your 4:00+ is the same as my 7:00+, it's all relative.

Train hard and safe and keep trying.

DSV

Ok, thanks, man!

But while we`re at it, i still owe you guys `n gals my pb in cw which i may now proudly present: 4m!
Yet I haven`t dove anything than our local pool which, despite my various attempts to break through the ground (due to obeying rule of not to look down on descent), has proven to be no more than 4m deep:blackeye !

I will go diving in the med for four weeks this summer (one in greece and three in corsica, right next to umberto`s sardinia) and i promise i will report my pb achieved in those holidays. I`ll be off in two weeks, woohoo!:cool:

Greets, joe

hi

Diving into the bottom of a 4m pool :duh geez do you have a saw neck man

cheers

Originally posted by DSV
And Roger Keizer who scored 19 in static for a breath hold under 2 minutes.

Hmmm, Roger is for sure not a beginner... His personal best is around 6:20 min. He had an annnounced performance of 5 min at the competition but after 3 min he didn't feel like going further. I hope he's still your hero! :D

My PB has gone deeper thanks to a breakthrough I’ve made with a few aspects of my lifes diving.
As of a few weeks ago it’s been pushed a little deeper from 64m to 75m.

I don’t typically dive for the numbers but this one has me a bit proud.

Reactions: Alun
Originally posted by Feld
My PB has gone deeper thanks to a breakthrough I’ve made with a few aspects of my lifes diving.
As of a few weeks ago it’s been pushed a little deeper from 64m to 75m.

I don’t typically dive for the numbers but this one has me a bit proud.

hi

75m !!!!!!

Thats amazing, was that in the ocean or a lake.

cheers

Feld
Out of the blue (or into it?), a great dive. Is there any chance for more details? A little history?
Bill

Well due to my overwhelming lethargy and inequities as a writer it took me a few months to post the details of my first +60m in the stories section. Following this timeline the details of this dive might be posted late August/September if I rush myself. Maybe sooner if the guys I dive with or my students kick my butt to write something down. Plus I like to ruminate about past dives before I disclose any information to others.

I’ll try to be quick about it.

It was a good dive. I’m planning a deeper one in a few weeks, if all permits.

Jeff (Feld)

Hi,
my brother and i came back from corsica, we did 21 meters....
it was a funny feeling down there :)
i know its not much, but i am very happy with it!
greets Mat

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT