• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Peter Scott's Cross-Training for Freedivers article is great!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Seal

Deepsy
Apr 29, 2003
Peter Scott's Cross-Training for Freedivers article

Well sometimes you read something that inspires you.

This article by Peter Scott Link to page is really something I have been putting some thought into.

He writes "Sebastien Murat tries to avoid everything but the most specific of training exercises. He models his freediving after seals, who exhale and sink, and rely on high hematocrit and myoglobin levels to supply oxygen during a dive. "I adhere to the Maximum Intensity Specific Training approach," says Murat, "My training is strictly wet static to physiological break-point coupled with dynamic to muscular failure, in both pool and ocean."

That's it. No cardio, weight training, dry apnea, CO2 tables, or even apnea exercise, except for what he does in the water. Nothing that might confuse his body from adapting to his diving style"

Great stuff, I have had this nuts idea of going out to a seal colony for a while and just dive with them learning about their way to move and dive. But it seemed to wierd, but now I think i'm going to do it anyway. I learned a little about the seals diving physologi in biology class in school and have been thinking about it since. I just still somehow tought that the harder cardio you trained the better you would get at diving.

But apparently we all have to find our own way to better diving. Very interesting reading in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: pat fish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT