• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Phoenix blue?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ben Gowland

Aplysia gowlandicus
Apr 4, 2002
I remember there being chat about 2 years ago about a film that was being made about a rockstar-come-freediver. Supposedly it was based in the UK and in the Bahamas (or somewhere near?).

Does anyone know what happened to it? Did it ever get released?

We worked on the Movie in Cayman. It was supposed to be released in the U.K. by now. I have no idea of a US release date. I've got a copy of the movie. Its ok

Cali

Reactions: Ben Gowland
the stunt divers were Hannah Stacey, Zoe Hall and Cecila Vanman... see thefreediver.org. i've seen the mpeg preview of the film, and i'm not feeling a desperate urge to see the whole film... if i had to associate two types of meat with this film, they would be ham and turkey. :)

Hmmm....so it looks like it was a true flop then.

Has anyone actually seen it?

the freedivers in movie are, Tanya Streeter ( as herself), Tara and Dan Hodgins, Daniel Miller, Dave & Kitty ( I forget their last name), Chris Denhard, myself and a few others I can't remember. Most of the diving stuff was supplied by Dive Tech and the staff. The movie itself is ok ( kinda Cheesy )I wouldn't have cared much about it if it weren't the fact that a bunch of my friends were in it.

Cali

I have seen the movie and watched a time of two and wrote a short revieuw about it for my site. The movie is not bad at all.

Sometimes it was for me a bit hard to follow, especially if you don't listen to the songs in the movie. Also some of the freedive things aren't quite how you would like it. Technique, and worse, the busted airdrum and bloody sinusses that "is normal with freediving".

The editor of Freediver magazine walking around with a Paradiso noseclip around his nek in his office was a kind of funny however.

Rik

By the way... THE FREEDIVER is not a B movie. Its actually an A movie although the budget was only 5 million dollars the actual production values are much much higher.

Its premiering in Cyprus at the World Championship in June and also at the LA film festival also in June.

Stunt Divers were Fred Buyle - who also appears in the movie
Kike Curovic - also appears
Hannah Stacey and Zoe Hall
Also Pierre Frolla helped organise the Monte Carlo Shoot

Anybody know who to contact about getting a screening for the Worlds in Vancouver?

Cali, do you know?

Thanks,

Pete
Vancouver, BC

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT