• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

photo thread- Freedive-a-palooza IV

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
I thought that we could post everything in here from the past weekend. I know that there was a lot of photos and video shot this past weekend and this might be a nice place to organize them.

Here's a few to start things off:

We all went out to a local brewpub for dinner on Friday night and then back to the campground for a quick night dive followed by war stories around the campfire.

Next morning Pingene showed up with a bag of new DB t-shirts for everyone who showed up- Thanks Stephan!:friday

Here's a shot of Gene showing off the fancy new DB apron that he sent as well.

Jon

Last edited:
Reactions: nostres
Aha! Here we are

I don't have too many pictures to share as I was taking video but I have couple shots that relates to another thread about freediving safety device. There is big rumor about this simple vest that inflates from a little tank. Athough very simple I think it's too complicated anyway, we proved it could be even simpler. They should focus on making "2 in 1" design, and use the wetsuit for this purpose. Here is the fruit of our research called "New Elios"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinggene
Here's a few more.

First up is Connor, Mr. Florida boy, wearing his flannel burka to protect himself form the fierce Wisconsin sun. ;)

Next, is Fred enjoying himself during an afternoon static session.

We've got Nostres impressing the four-year-olds with his in-depth knowledge of dinosaur books.

Last, is a shot of Peter (longfins) giving my two-year-old son an in depth explanation of hands free clearing- and another shot of my son trying to put all of this great information to use!rofl

Jon

Last edited:
Even though this isn't a competition, people still like to try their hand at going deep at some point during the weekend.

To make this as safe as possible I outfitted the safety divers with these awesome:yack Hawaiian shirts I found at a rummage sale so that we would be easy to spot.

I also updated my counter balance system since last year by exchanging one of the tube floats with one of my dive kayaks. This allowed us to put more ballast on without any fear of sinking the tube. It also made a great place to store the 02 bottle, spare air, and hang all of our monofins and cameras off of.

The weekend went great without even a samba to speak of. A big thanks to everyone for keeping, well, within their limits- and a big congratulations to those who just redefined their limits!

Jon

Last edited:
A few more underwater shots from just a few of the divers who were there. We had dozens of divers in the water at once, but I just wasn't able to get around to everyone to get a clear shot of them. Hopefully, others will post on here.

I also have some film that I shot which will take a little time to developed and scan before I can post.

Jon

Last edited:
Here's a few more shots that I took.

We've got Peter (nostres) and his ever present camera. You can't go anywhere without him hounding you for some new story line he's trying to put together- beware when he asks about the "money shot". rofl

Peter (longfins) and his super cool scooter that brought a couple of people over to the "dark side" this past weekend.

Some of the many trees that we swam, and scootered, through over the weekend- the videos will be much more impressive when they get posted.

Rob (cigarlung) and his daughter, Kim, who both had a good time diving this weekend. Rob, how deep did Kim get this weekend?

Last is a shot of our crack dive gear review team (Todd, Peter, Connor) and their latest toy that they put to the test- but you'll have to ask them for their own review as I have already posted mine.:mute

Doesn't anyone have a video finished yet?

Jon

Last edited:
More pics..

Attachments

• peter_scooter_ride.jpg
    peter_scooter_ride.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 230
  • Jon_Peter.jpg
    Jon_Peter.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 193
  • too_much.JPG
    too_much.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 192
  • salt_water_surprise.JPG
    salt_water_surprise.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: Pinggene and Jon
Scott has a vid he posted on the regular site...I will PM him to post here.

Thanks for everything...good to meet you all.

My wife was out 3 times & my son (11) got down about 12' - 15'...he is beginning to really enjoy it.

Gene

Here's a video - I threw together-

-----Scott

[ame="http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/Argyleparkk/?action=view&current=ff4414ed.flv"]Video of FREEDIVE-A-PALOOZA - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/ame]

OR

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG8cFKuhHU]YouTube - Freedive-A-Palooza 2007[/ame]

Last edited:
Reactions: maytag
Freedive-A-Palooza 7-14-07

Attachments

• decend.jpg
    decend.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 188
  • freediveapalooza.jpg
    freediveapalooza.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 221
  • safediverpeter.jpg
    safediverpeter.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 186
  • safetydiver.jpg
    safetydiver.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 186
More pics from 7-14-07

----------Scott

Attachments

• smallmouth.jpg
    smallmouth.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 203
  • jon.jpg
    jon.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 186
  • wazeelake.jpg
    wazeelake.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 186
  • wazeegene.jpg
    wazeegene.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 192
Here's a few more photos that I had to scan from the film I shot. When the batteries in my digital camera died I had to go Old School for the rest of the day.

The first couple pictures are of my refined counter ballast system. I have included a dive kayak into the mix for more flotation and lots of spaces to stash gear- everything from 02 bottles and spare airs to water bottles and monofins.:)

Next is a shot of Jim K. (freedivechicago) doing a little facial immersion during his breath up.

Last, is a shot of Peter S. (longifns) doing some easy pull-downs on one of the training lines.

Jon

Last edited:
In some pics, (Ceason's post, top row, far right, "too much"), your wetsuits look blown up like drysuits - what were you doing?

Peter,

That video rocked!

Great job, and I hope to see more- especially that "special" project you were working on with ceason's wife.:chatup

Jon

Nostres- Great Vid! You say thats the short preview. I can't wait for the rest!

-----Scott

Great video Peter :cool:

Cannot wait to see more vids especially that special project ... rofl

My camera was dead most of Saturday but I did get some vids on Sunday. I'll see if I can put something together.

Great Video Peter! Can't wait to see the whole thing...

Got to get my self an underwater camera/case...awesome.

Another toy!!!:)

Gene

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT