• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso Apnos?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

orfreediver

Jun 17, 2004
I am thinking of ordering a picasso apnos 7mm from scubastore.com. Does anyone have advice on this suit, is it good or bad. I am trying to get a suit on a budget and this seems like a good deal.

thanks, Derek

Thanks for all the help!!!

Everyone is so quite on this subject, don't make any noise we might wake someone!!!!

-Derek

I have the 7mm picasso apnos and I find it an excellent suit. Takes a generous amount of lube to don but that is true of any open cell suit. It is warm, fits well, and seems durable after a half season of use.

Reactions: Pezman
Maybe no one has this particular suit.
edit: ok, Driftwood posted while I was writing, and invalidated my first point. But you have to understand that I got this "no one has a 7mm Apnos" intel from an Iraqi cia operative named "Curveball" -- i figured it had to be correct

I know some folks that have 5mm Apnos suits and they seem to like them. The price on those suits was really good last time I checked.

I drive a 5mm Cressi competition and use it right down to the freezing point.

A lot of folks seem to be favoring the Eliosub suits lately, since you can get custom suits for about the same price as an off the rack suit. Tons of information on ordering up a "suitable suit" in the archives. Suit selection really depends on your goals (spearing, recreational freediving, competition, average water temp in your dive spots, rugged environment vs open water etc.)

Good luck w/ the shopping. There are a lot of great suits out there and I'm sure that the archives will help you sort out your choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrian
Orfreediver, I'm purchasing my first wetsuit, and I'm going with the Apnos too, but i'm going with the 5mm version. Let me know how it is once you get it!

Ive got the 3mm Apnos. I was amazed how warm it is. Better then my Mares Isotherm on the surface!

cheers

Reactions: Alison
Oh yes, go with Elios tailored suits, they are as expensive, and you will get a far better suit !

The only thing is that you'll havet wait 3-4 weeks upon ordering to get your suit, but believe me, it REALY worth to wait and get a true second skin.

But if you wanna have it fast, I realy suggest Picasso, but why do you want a 7mm, where do you dive ? You might find it thick and less flexible. Picasso open cell suits, as for other good brand like Elios or Beuchat, will stick very well to your body, so water will not even come to your skin. I have a friend of mine with a Picasso, and even after 2 hours in the water, when he takes it off, there is still plenty of lube ! So with an open cell suit, depending on where you freedive, I suggest you go with a 5mm.

That's my oppinion, give us more details on what you intend to use the suit for, and you might get many good feedbacks

Happy freediving,

Apnos!!!

I have decide to go with the Picasso Dark, I guess that it has tighter seals around the "cuffs and ankles".
I am going to be diving in a mix of salt and fresh, with temps from 30-55 degree waters more on the colder side. I went ahead and ordered it today from scubastore.com and I should have it in about a week, so I will let everyone know what I think.
Sorry for being a smart ass but look what it got me, some replies. Thank you to everyone for the imput.

Thanks, Derek

outstanding wetsuit....

Derek:

You won't go wrong with the picasso dark wetsuit. I bought the Picasso shadow 5 mil wetsuit from the Scubastore and it really is a outstanding suit. Not only does it keep the water out ,it is warm and fit me like a glove.

You can't beat the service & $ that the scubastore has to offer.

Good luck:

new suit, right on

I got the suit on monday and gone twice in the rivers around here, so far the suit is great. I'm hoping to go up to clear lake next week and alittle colder water diving. For any newbie like me out there go with this suit you can't wrong (of course I haven't had it long), all you need is a bit of lube (water and hair conditioner) and your good to go. I have used scubastore for this purchase and I am having some problems with doing a return. This site can't be beat for prices, just hope you don't have to return anything. I don't usually have very good luck so it could just be me.

Have fun and be safe, Derek

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT