• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso Apnos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pilot1962

Nov 4, 2004
Picasso Apnos
Just received my Picasso Apnos ML 5mm Green yesterday...
Scubastore rocks! It took them only 3 business days to deliver from Spain to my door. DHL fees are high, but if you order a bunch - it pays off...
Tried with conditioner in a shower - what a blast!
Slipped in as it was custom made for me!
I'm 5'11" 182# and reasonably fat 42 year old guy and this suit is unbelivably well fits me.
Had a little trouble getting out and called wife for help, being afraid to damage it. I guess freediving with the partner is mandatory now... joke...
Can't wait till cold front, I think I'll fry myself if I use it now...
Currently diving in scuba O'Nell 3/2mm and I'm OK down to 70(*F)

Is anybody have any idea what is the starting weight should I use on my belt with this suit?
I've seen a few pictures of guys using exactly the same suit on this board.

Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase! I have the same suit, and it kept me pretty warm in water that was in the low teens (that's Celcius...roughly 50-55F), so you should be fine! Agree wholeheartedly with the scubastore comments.... :D

As for weight, I'm 6'4" and roughly 210 lbs, and have tried 6lbs of weight and was a little light. Kirk Krack lent me some weight to try out and said I could probably go with 8lbs or so.

Dunno if this helps out or not... :confused:

Hey, Bolts!
Thanks. I've got two 3Lbs weights for now, but I'll try to add another 4# at least...
Cheers.

Hey, no problem. Keep in mind:

-I only used the name drop because I'm a newbie with basically no clue how much weight to use
- 6 lbs seemed ok for me, but don't take it as gospel! ;)

Good luck!

Originally posted by pilot1962
Is anybody have any idea what is the starting weight should I use on my belt with this suit?
I've seen a few pictures of guys using exactly the same suit on this board.

Thanks!
It really depends on a few different conditions, but mostly the depth you want to dive. A good alround weight would be 10 lbs for down to 20 metres max. Any heavier and you will be working hard on the way up.
If you're going to be cruising around 10 metres on the walls or reef it's a perfect weight.

30 metres, probably 8 lbs. 40 metres try 6lbs.

If you're hunting shallow, say 3 to 5 metres, you'll need 14 or 16 lbs so that you can lie on the bottom without moving. I wear 12 lbs and have 2 extra 2lb clip-on weights on my float to trim as neded for different depths.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

That's so far best explanation I've had...
Thanks, Erik
Makes perfect sense. I'll start from 12Lbs, I'm new to freediving and will work my way "up" to 8Lbs.
Best regards.

Congradulation pilot:

You can't beat those picasso wetsuits. Their assum.
I have the picasso 5 mil black shadow in size L and my weight is about 194 lbs. and 6ft tall and find that in fresh water that 9 lbs of weights is perfect for me to decend.

One easy trick for removing your wetsuit top is by folding up the top bottom around your waist so you form a fold were you can poor water into it , afterwards grab hold both back and front and pull up over your shoulders. It works very nicely.

safe diving

Erik!! extra clip on weights on the float!!! Brilliant! I really don't know why I never thought of that... I deliberate like crazy about weight when I'm diving shallow, and a couple clip on 2 lb.'ers would work perfectly.

Thanks man! I'd lob some karma, but...

Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT