• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso Beaver Tail Snap

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

w3ac

I should be working
Nov 8, 2002
Hey gang,

This may be a silly question but how do you get this thing open? My new Picasso Apnos Mimetic arrived yesterday and instead of forcing it and possibly breaking it, I figured I had better ask. BTW, got it from the Scuba Store for $178.45 delivered! Barcelona to Hilo in 6 days.....not bad guys.

Brad

I've got a Sporasub suit and the beavertail buttons kind of hook together. See if it will slide up and down, then apart.

Jason

Reactions: w3ac
Nevermind, I got pissed and just pulled it apart. Thanks anyway guys.

Brad

Just another tip.

I broke the little ball off the snap... then replaced it & broke it 2 trips later. I just replaced the little ball with a small stainless steel screw & haven't had any problems. It doesn't "snap" into place, but even when getting pummeled by the waves, the tension keeps it on securely. Sure beats buying a new snap set for $8-10

Also, did you get the Apnos or Apnos Mimetic? Can't seem to find the mimetic on the site.

Got the mimetic. It might have been the last one as the store said these were on backorder. Lucky me huh. Really nice suit. The cut is a little different from the OMER but I'll try it on in the shower tonight and see how it fits. Thanks for the info though. I can see myself breaking that little ball off before too long.

Brad

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT