• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

picasso carboprene

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kirehe

Apr 28, 2002
out of curiosity, has anyone tried picasso's neoprene coated fin? they claim it to have a great thrust due to a canal in the middle, but I'm sceptical... does anyone know more about it?

....and a pair of freediving hamsters to power them!
Erik Y.

Thought I would chime in on this...

They are a one of a kind product.

There is a sheet of compressed neoprene sandwiched between two layers of carbon fiber - very cool on the schwag factor scale and they are an awesome fin. I had a chance to see a pair while visiting Roger Yazbeck last year (he had the prototypes) and I can say that if I could afford them, I would get them in a heart beat. I still feel that Picasso makes the finest fin on the market.

my $0.02 worth...

Just checked the price tag on these beautyes in db shop and it was 286.60 € shipped to my home here in helsinki finland. I doupt that it would cost you US people more than 350 $ shipped home...

Just my 2 c

Tuomo

Cliff Etzel,
Isn’t the carbon fiber sandwiched by the neoprene so that the neoprene offers some protection to the carbon fiber? Anyway, if Picasso really wants to sell them, they need to make some available to a trusted person with freediver influence, such as yourself, so you can try them and then report to us. Sorry, but “Very cool on the schwag factor scale” doesn’t mean much to me. It would have to have significant performance benefits to justify the cost.
Don

Reactions: Erik
i finaly tryed my new carboprenes and am very happy with them i was sceptical at first .but after trying them i am happy .they have alot of thrust on acent . with very little effert at all. i was worryed that thay where way to soft but once you try them you will love these finns

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT