• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Picasso "Shadow" suits?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

1 Tadpole

I'd rather play than work
Jul 27, 2002
Hello DB folks!

I've found very little written here about the Picasso "Shadow" suit. As I understand, it's anatomically cut (aren't most freediving suits?); it has seals at the face, wrists and legs; it's open cell inside.

Does anyone know off-hand what the outside is covered with? Is it nylon or lycra?

Anyone know about the performance/fit/durability of the Shadow?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
Tad

Hi, not sure about that suit in particular but could probally find out (think i have the catalogue somewhere) I have a picasso apnos mimetic suit which is the best suit i have ever owned.. in my opionion picasso suits are the best off the peg suits money can buy, so you wont go far wrong!

ickledevil,

That would be very helpful if you have a catalog that has Shadow info. The Scubastore hasn't provided difinitive info and when I call Picasso America they gave me plenty of info on what they stocked but the Shadow wasn't one of them.

Let me know if you can provide any info for me.

Thanks,
Tad

The specifications of certain suits change from year to year. The Shadow had lycra (not nylon) outside and open cell inside with no lining. That was the 2001 model. I'm not sure which year they will be selling though. NOt a bad suit by any means. Most guys here use teh black termic which is black nylon outside and scs inside (gold and slightly tougher than open cell because it has less cells in the surface 1 mm).

Sorry I can't be more help.

Ben

The catalogue i have is 2002, states the shadow as having nylon outer and a smoothskin open cell inner, try the diveinn website as they sometimes print that info on the product descriptions. Hope that helps. Joe

Ben and Joe,
Thanks for your help. I've inquired at DiveInn/Scubastore and they think it's nylon.

Happy Diving,
Tad

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT