• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pipin dynamics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey Don,
I'm a little unsure what the question is exactly?

If you are talking about Pipin Ferreras I don't think he ever competed in freedive competitions. If he did it would have been some time ago it's certainly not on any competition result that's been put online. Dynamics was not part of early competitions either. I think he mainly just did no-limits records. I think he did a constant weight record in there ages ago to but not sure if it was officialy recognised. But yeh he did a lot of no-limits records.

hi

Pipin did a lot of spearfishing at 40 or 50 meters-- and think he do not care to much about dinamic -

also there is a litle different by the time pipin first sart doing freediving -people didn't pack-- and didn't use monofins-- just byfins

What it mean that if pipin use all this metodos that yong people are using now as packing and monofin he would be better amost lke the actual world record now

saludos
____

El gago the friend of pipin and my friend from the same city matanzas just came from cuba I told him to they pictures from all the spearfisher there - but he didn't find any I wanted to put some picture of them and talk a litle here about this people in this forum this people doesn't know much about all the techinques your use for freediving but you have to see how deep this people going down there -

Re: hi

Originally posted by neshamah
Pipin did a lot of spearfishing at 40 or 50 meters-- and think he do not care to much about dinamic -

also there is a litle different by the time pipin first sart doing freediving -people didn't pack-- and didn't use monofins-- just byfins

That's why I was asking .. just was curious how good he coudl be especially for the man of his muscle size...

I disagree with neshamah,
Pipin did try using a monofin a couple of years back -

Pipin did 76m CW with bifins, with a samba, just days before his 87m with the mono (also samba), so even he did better with a mono!

Pipin was very good at no-limits, if he was as good at constant weight then I'm sure he would have set much more world records in that too. Umberto did 83m constant with bi-fins and no-packing. Martin 93m with bi-fins. I think Davida Carrera has done close to 90m with a monofin and no packing. So packing and using a monofin isn't everything. I think what we are seeing nowdays is a result of more people and more countries getting into the sport, and training methods freely shared by all. In the past training techniques weren't shared so much, a lot of the French and Italians didn't want their rivals to improve ;)
So it doesn't surprise me that the countries with a long history in the sport and people to pass on techniques to others dominated for so long.

Cheers,
Wal

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT