• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pipin Responds to ESPN Film and Announces New Dives

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I dont think he can be blames in any way for that Lobo. Techies usually know their stuff and make their own decisions accordingly.

Hmmmm, I wonder which dive companies, if any, will be sponsoring him? Do you think his reputation will preclude anyone associating their name with him?

Really? I always thought that (allegedly) causing someone's death was worse than adultery, buy I'm not married, so what do I know!

Here are a few questions for Pipin Ferreras:

1) Just prior to Audrey's fatal dive you requested that she wears a red bandana on her right wrist and the names of two dead guys written on her wetsuit. Are not these rituals from the Santeria cult which you practice so fervently? Did not you mark her for sacrifice that day?

2) Since you assert that your mind is "infallable", how did you conveniently forget to fill her pony tank? Why did not you heed the request that you check the tank, this from 3 people from the support team: Wiki, Tata, and Matt Briseno? Let me remind you that Wiki found the tank and hose to fill the pony tank conveniently hidden behind the sled bag in the resort dive shack. He brought it to you on the dive catamaran, but your refused to use it.

3) Why were you practicing fast scuba dives during the days preceeding the "accident"?

4) Why did you request a scuba gear to be ready for you on dive day? It is something that you never did before.

5) Why did you hold her throat and tilted her chin up during the ascent of your fake rescue attempt? Was not this a deliberate maneuver to allow water to enter her airways, therefore drowning her completety? This was showed on one video shot by a safety diver.

6) Why did Audrey have bruises under her right eye, chest and buttocks the day of the dive? Did not you have a heated argument with her the night before the dive, after she asked for a divorce?

7) Why did you refuse any investigation from the DR police?

8) Why were you in such a rush to have her remains cremated?

Pipin's "rescue dive" was nothing but a masquerade to show that he tried to save her. Furthermore, his ridiculous attempt at CPR on the surface was a waste of time. But it did not matter, he had already made sure that Audrey was beyond any hope of ressucitation.

Pipin Ferreras sent Audrey Mestre on a sky dive without a parachute, then he rolled over her body with a bulldozer to make sure she was dead!
In the USA, this is called first degree murder. Period!
I hope this egomaniac control freak is brought to justice someday.

Pipin Ferreras a free diving champion? Bullshit. He does not want to abide by AIDA rules. There is no cameras for most of his ascents. Several people from his entourage attest that Pipin breathes from a loose hose attached to his pony tank. He is nothing but a cheater.
He tried in vain to compare himself to the great Jacques Mayol.
Mentally and physically, Pipin could not scrape the dirt off Jacques' shoe!

Personally, I never bought anything written by Pipin Ferreras.
If he has an accident during his next idiotic stunt, that would only be part retribution for what he did to Audrey Mestre.
My opinion: Pipin Ferreras is a disgrace to the sport of free diving!!!
Here are Pipin words at the end of the ESPN documentary, when asked why he did not fill the pony tank: " This was a team effort, we all have to live with this now..." Bullshit!

Hmmmm, I wonder which dive companies, if any, will be sponsoring him? Do you think his reputation will preclude anyone associating their name with him?
I don't think he has any sponsor from the local diving operators ,nor that he will have ...but he should be able to rent boats and scuba tanks without problems (with 3000 psi in it ..)

Competitive freediving is a small world. Quite a while ago I was friends that spent time with Pipin and Audrey. At some random time one of them out of the blue started talking about the day in question, because they were there, and up close. It was clearly an emotional subject to talk about.
I do remember that the subject of checking the air in the tank came up. I won't say anymore on that matter. They did see the revival attempt up close. When someone's lung is filled with sea water and there is pink froth coming out of their mouths it's a disturbing image that is probably hard to forget.

My friends at the time actually had a sled built, they never used it after the day in question. Some people in Australia wonder why I was very anti-no limits right from the start. When an freediving orgnisation was formed I tried to remove it from day1. I couldn't do it because others wanted to keep it.

Anyhow , there is no sled competitions ,just records ...
It doesn t matter if aida ,cmas ,Guiness etc recognize the records or not..some people will still want to break records..
It's like climbing the Everest ,if people want to risk their lives ,if they know the risks involved and they are adults ,why should we try to stop them?
We won t stop people to do deep sled dives if they want to ,regardless of how we feel about no limits ..
Fortunately the sleds have evolved quite a bit since the old days of Pipin ,and Herbert Nitsch's sled seems a lot safer than the old "fill a lift bag under heavy narcosis" technique ..
As for Pipin attempt in october ,it just seems ridiculous...as stated above ,there is no real athletic challenge in 2mn sled dives for someone of his level...The only "challenge" here seems to be lucky enough to avoid decompressions sickness..Even if he succeeds ,it's just silly, really ...

I think sleds at shallow depths are a great tool to train equalisation. You can get down there no effort and have time to work things out as opposed to on cwt. They are also great fun, I was on one once at 40m where we hadn't enough air to lift the bag but it was no biggie as we just finned back up like a 20m cwt dive from an energy expenditure point of view. Love them or hate them they are part of our freediving heritage. At recreational depths (this side of 50M imho) I think they have their place.

I think sleds at shallow depths are a great tool to train equalisation. You can get down there no effort and have time to work things out as opposed to on cwt. They are also great fun, I was on one once at 40m where we hadn't enough air to lift the bag but it was no biggie as we just finned back up like a 20m cwt dive from an energy expenditure point of view. Love them or hate them they are part of our freediving heritage. At recreational depths (this side of 50M imho) I think they have their place.
AIDA doesn't need to endorse records for people to do equalisation training. I agree they're great fun and a useful training tool, but I still believe that endorsing records encourages pushing the limits of sled diving, encourages the potentially dangerous chasing of records and adds legitimacy to these activities. Personally, I've dived and trained with two people that have suffered brain damage, one who had a serious case of DCS, two with serious and deep blackouts and one that is no longer with us, all because of sled dives. All were chasing AIDA records. There are plenty of divers with even worse stories. I just don't want to see any more friends and colleagues crippled or lost forever.

Not ignoring it Chris but cant see Pipin coming on here answering any of the points either. What it implies has always/often been implied or am I missing something. When I just started freediving this was the main news and it was implied then.

I did look try and verify the details about Santeria sacrificial rituals after reading his post, but couldn't come up with anything. Meaning no details about being marked with red clothing, or the names of the dead. If the poster could share more I'd be interested to learn.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT