• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Places in Cornwall.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

XP_Dude

Jan 14, 2005
Hi All

I'm planning a trip down to Cornwall, between Padstow and Constantine Bay for Easter, looking for some recommendations of any places to go hunting.

My usual haunts are Lulworth/Durdle/Portland way, and Levanto, near Genoa, Italy.

If I can help with any information on these will be happy to.

Cheers
XP.

That stretch is all pretty good in the right conditions, but Easter is very early this year, I wouldn't get too hopeful about bass, but theres always a chance! Mother Ivys and Trevone are worth a look for flatties. I'd recommend bringing a surfboard so you are covered for all weather conditions.
Give me a shout if you need more info
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Cheers Dave
Actually staying at Mother Iveys Bay, so will give it a bash there.
Thanks again.

This is my first post here.
I've just got into spearfishing, but from 2 attempts, I didn't even see a fish! I was in pretty bad conditions though - just wanted to try the new kit out. I went surfing when I'd had enough.

What conditions are best for spearfishing? I found Crantock to be way too churned up and visibility was only a few feet. Where are the best spots in Cornwall, and what are the best/second best/doable conditions?
I've got a Sommap 60cm gun with 75cm spear.

Theres a Cornwall 2007 thread you should check. Also 60cm gun is too short, go for at least a 75cm gun. Speak to Dave at

Spearguns by Spearo uk ltd finest supplier of speargun, monofins, speargun and freediving equipment

He is based in Bodmin. Don't worry, the viz will get better!!!
If Cornwall is you main destination, 90cm is worth considering; 75-90cm is the normal barrel length range recommended for the UK and Cornish waters are generally clearer than most other areas. The little gun might be handy in poor viz, gulleys, around piers & further east...small guns seem de rigour for Hampshire/Sussex/Kent (they get big fish too). The fish often do come in surprisingly close.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT