• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Plans for South Africa

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bluecape

Apr 21, 2003
Hi All

If we are going to put together a trip for Cape Town over this February, I would like to start planning details so that everyone who is interested can plan accordingly...February seemed to be the month that suited most interested people, but I still need to know how many are keen, and the length of time you're interested in spending here ??:cool:

My loose plan is to arrange a cruise on the Atlantic seaboard on a 54 ft schooner for the best views of Table Mountain, and a dive off the schooner on a reef 1km off-shore to shoot a few reef fish, off the famous Clifton beaches. Followed by Sundowners and Barbeque on the yatch.

Also a dive in the 2 Oceans Aquarium with the Raggard tooth sharks, turtles, giant Rays and Yellow tail - NO GUNS ALLOWED .:naughty :D

Dives at Dassen Island and False Bay with Miles as guide, followed by the epic spearing grounds of Struissbaai, ( Miles again ??) and also a cage dive with the Great Whites at Gansbaai.

After a tour of Rabitech, we move up the coast to Knysna, and warmer waters, and hunt the legendary Muscle Cracker off some of the most beautiful coastline anywhere. Big chance of some big gamefish such as Garrick. Finally a hop up to the pure 'Cracker' territory of Cape St Francis, and the world famous surf venue of Jeffreys Bay, ( J. Bay)

This is my loose plan, changes of itinery welcome, I just want everyone to have a blast and see the best of our area.
Please let me know who is keen / confirmed, and I can let you know costs etc.

Ta

Jeff

Last edited:
We're still hoping to make it but we're getting married over Xmas in Sri Lanka so we're going to be a bit skint :( Also Colin is a mature student at uni so is in the middle of a semester in Feburary and not keen to leave in the middle. Guess that makes us keen but unlikely to join you but if your doing this annually then definately next year :)

Capetown trip

Here is the schooner, esperance -( Devan Bewar pictured onboard)

Last edited:
Capetown trip

...and here Knysna, one of my favourite spearing / chill-out sports.

Last edited:
Would love to do it every year Alison, obviously depends on how much this one is enjoyed !!! But hopefully will meet U guys at some stage...Sri-Lanka - wow, sounds interesting, our Cricket team are actually over there at the moment playing a test series against the Sri Lankans in Galle. ( There a useless piece of info for you.. :D)

Jeff,

I'm still seriously considering it. I've been shopping around for flights and they look a bit steep, but it should be well worth it. Perhaps, I'll communicate with you via PMs. I've never strapped on a tank before, should I think about getting certified. Send me additional info via PMs on the exact dates, rates for housing, approximate spending money I'll need daily, etc... I'm thinking on a 7-12 day stay, depending on amount of vacation time I accumulate till then.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT