• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Please support your Forum!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Stephan

Amazing site - thanks to you and the rest of the community for creating it and keeping it going.

I'm a novice at spearfishing but experienced in business, so I'd like to share a few things that may help....

1) I am in the process of signing up to become a supporter. I saw the option when I was posting a thread but navigated away and have spent 10 minutes searching trying to find the page again so I can sign up. Only managed to find it by searching 'supporter' and reading the threads. Suggest a 'Support Our Site' link is put on every page on the site to remind people about this. If it is there already I can't see it so maybe it needs to be moved as it's not obvious.

2) Paypal is a bitch for many. I have an account but hate using it. I know the issues with other payment methods and their costs. From experience, I believe PayPal is losing you £1 for every £1 you receive. Consider if a doubling of supporter revenue will outweigh the costs and make a decision based on this metric.

3) I'd like to put you in touch with two good friends of mine, Nick and Vanessa. Nick and V own and run another forum called Property Tribes. They were facing similar challenges in terms of time and money running their forum. I mentored them and through this and their own efforts and changes made, they have largely solved their financial challenges are are now in a much better place and so is their forum. I think you guys would benefit from speaking and meeting up to share experiences. You do the same thing, just with different audiences. They live close to London around the Basingstoke area. Happy to make the intro if you like.

I hope this helps and will now sign up as a supporter.

What I have learnt already from this forum and the money saved by not buying the wrong gear and from discounts on stuff I plan to buy, make this a no brainer investment. Unfortunately, the nature of this and most other forums means people can get these benefits for free, without having to become a supporter. However, this is a lose-lose situation, so we need more people to understand this, do the right thing, and sign up and support your great work.

Massive thanks again.

Steve

Stephan

Forgot to also say that the supporter link at the start of this thread is a dead link and needs to be redirected.

Thanks

Steve

Stephan

Amazing site - thanks to you and the rest of the community for creating it and keeping it going.
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words :)
I'm a novice at spearfishing but experienced in business, so I'd like to share a few things that may help....
Always interested in hearing ideas!
1) I am in the process of signing up to become a supporter. I saw the option when I was posting a thread but navigated away and have spent 10 minutes searching trying to find the page again so I can sign up. Only managed to find it by searching 'supporter' and reading the threads. Suggest a 'Support Our Site' link is put on every page on the site to remind people about this. If it is there already I can't see it so maybe it needs to be moved as it's not obvious.
Good idea - we don't heavily promote it as an option apart from a specific notice that appears to members at the top of the page after they have registered and posted for the first time. I'll look into better ways of promoting it
2) Paypal is a bitch for many. I have an account but hate using it. I know the issues with other payment methods and their costs. From experience, I believe PayPal is losing you £1 for every £1 you receive. Consider if a doubling of supporter revenue will outweigh the costs and make a decision based on this metric.
I totally agree with you but we are limited by the integrations developed for the software platform. We use Stripe for our payment processor elsewhere on the site but are limited to PayPal here :(
3) I'd like to put you in touch with two good friends of mine, Nick and Vanessa. Nick and V own and run another forum called Property Tribes. They were facing similar challenges in terms of time and money running their forum. I mentored them and through this and their own efforts and changes made, they have largely solved their financial challenges are are now in a much better place and so is their forum. I think you guys would benefit from speaking and meeting up to share experiences. You do the same thing, just with different audiences. They live close to London around the Basingstoke area. Happy to make the intro if you like
Sure - always happy to widen the network and bounce around ideas. Drop me a message at stephan.whelan@deeperblue.com.

Ditto on paypal. They have screwed up my supporter payment (the 4th time). I'll fix it eventually, maybe.

Connor

Ditto on paypal. They have screwed up my supporter payment (the 4th time). I'll fix it eventually, maybe.

Connor
Connor - what exactly happened with PayPal? I'm keen to help as we rely heavily on supporters to keep this forum running...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT