• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatic Gun Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mehmetcemilkale

Oct 9, 2003
Hi guys, I am new to the forum.

I have a question. I want to buy a speargun. But as far as I can understand, the experienced freedivers in this forum do not like pneumatic guns. Why don' t you like them? Because of the heavy maintenance?

I think Mares Cyrano is a good pneumatic spear gun.

Also, if you really do not recommend me a pneumatic gun, please recommend me waht you would like to.

Thanks,
Mehmet Kale

Last edited:
For Pneumatic guns try the Maorisub Mamba. Underwater cannon.

Band guns are much cheaper and easier to maintain though!!!

Mares Cyranos are certainly good pneumatic guns.

The Beuchat pneumatics are also very respectable. There are many accomplished spearos that predominantly use pneumatics. However, I personally side with the band guns. Or you can always have one of each. Good Luck!

Originally posted by mehmetcemilkale
Why don' t you like them? Because of the heavy maintenance?
Noisy, high on maintenance and not as powerful as the rubber powered guns. They make great cave guns but in open water you can't go wrong with a rubber powered gun like a RobAllen or Riffe. They have better range and are nice and quiet.

Then I think I am gonna buy a rubber powered gun. :)

What about Picasso Century? I heard that this is very famous and in of the earlier posts, shaneshac stated that Picasso Century was bloody good. :)

Well... Picasso is nice but everyone who I know, who has owned one, has since gone to RobAllen or Edge.

Basically the RobAllen is a beefed up Euro gun with a rail to keep the shaft straight. Very accurate and only about $200 odd in the States...

Hi there, I am new here, can anybody please help? I have a problem with Cyrano Evo, when loading shaft will not catch the hook I have to try for several times (3 or 4), until it does and it has to be on low power. Did enybody have a similar problem and how can be solved? Thank you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT