• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pneumatic spear guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
many people shoot pneumatic guns. I used to at the beginning. They are easy set up, easy to load, short and handy, and powerful enough.

Usually pneumatic guns for fresh water. The best pneumatic guns from Russia, becouse people hunting in lakes and rivers. For ocean sling guns the best choice, becouse they are simple and reliable. Pneumatic guns you must to know how to maintain.

Usually pneumatic guns for fresh water. The best pneumatic guns from Russia, becouse people hunting in lakes and rivers. For ocean sling guns the best choice, becouse they are simple and reliable. Pneumatic guns you must to know how to maintain.

Do you have one? If not overpressured, pneumatics are 0 maintenance for 5 years or more.

No need to argue, I know what i'm talking about.At first when spearos from Russia come to Word Cup they all was equipped with pnevmatic. But not today. Sling guns much more reliable for the sea hunting. You must be very carefull with Pnevmatic. Sand, dust etc.
For the rivers - pnevmatic best choice, of course. In Russia pnevmatic guns - something like 95 - 97 % from the market.

Ok. You know what you're talking about.

I don't know what I'm talking about. I just shoot fish with them. :)

Reactions: Davis
It`s really good! No offence meaning! But you see it`s good for you. And one before buying pnevmatic, must to know pro and con.

458mike, you must be very inventive to get DUST into the internal work of the pneumatic gun.

I fish exclusively in the ocean because I live in coastal area. Only once I had to open one of my pneumatic guns and replace 0-ring and that was after many years of maintenance-free fishing. That was normal wear, in fact I was surprised how much mileage I got out from that particular gun.

Reactions: marco15499
458mike, you must be very inventive to get DUST into the internal work of the pneumatic gun.

I fish exclusively in the ocean because I live in coastal area. Only once I had to open one of my pneumatic guns and replace 0-ring and that was after many years of maintenance-free fishing. That was normal wear, in fact I was surprised how much mileage I got out from that particular gun.

Well. I've been using exclusively pneumatics the last 3 years and haven't done any mainteinance whatsoever. I was also wondering how does he gets dust inside a presurized pneumatic gun. But he knows what he's talking about...

Reactions: foxfish
I have one Mares pneumatic gun that is over 20 years with no issues, my main hunting gun is a dry barrel 100cm Asso, it is super reliable and very powerful and over 10 years old.
There are thousands of spear fisherman who use air guns, they are used in every corner of the world and have proved to be reliable.
Dry barrel air guns are particularly powerful and very smooth to shoot with very little noise.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT