• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

POLL: Should we open a Spearo section on the main website

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should we open a Spearo section on the main website?

• Yes - definately

Votes: 71 94.7%
  • No - No WAY!

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Really Couldn't Care Less...

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Spearo Articles & News?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning some more things Spearo wise for 2004 and am wondering if there would be an interest from DB Spearo's to have a dedicated section on the main website to Spearfishing?

Just sounding out the idea at present so let me hear your thoughts!

Think it makes huge sense ! The site is already kind of considered to be 'The freedivers bible' in terms of access to tips, techniques and training things freediving, so a seperate spearo section on the main site makes sense to me.

Uh.. actually I think there is too much freediving and spearostuff on this site. I would recommend we remove some of the...

Just kidding. It sounds like a great idea! Yes, to the spearo section!

Still a bit miffed about the chatroom though... you guys should be there chatting, and not writing stuff in here... or maybe you could do both... yea.. that might be crazy enough to work.. just make sure you keep up the chatter! It's a great addition to the site.

I see there`s a lot of approval here. Quite logical when you ask that in the spearo section! Which spearo would not want that? I don`t want to sound cynical, just a thought. If you ask me, yeah, let`s do it and hope for the spearo section to grow as big as the freediving one. Let`s make it a bible, too. Deeper Blue is the most international forum i`ve ever seen in matters of apnea and spearo forums, so i wish it a jolly good 2004!

Greets to all, joe:)

Sheesh, just noticed that this is my 100th post and I`ve become a ZEALOT! Whatever that is...:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Originally posted by groats
I see there`s a lot of approval here. Quite logical when you ask that in the spearo section! Which spearo would not want that? I don`t want to sound cynical, just a thought. If you ask me, yeah, let`s do it and hope for the spearo section to grow as big as the freediving one.
Very true. I'm obviously sampling interest here, but it's a different matter recruiting an Editor and Writers for the section...
Sheesh, just noticed that this is my 100th post and I`ve become a ZEALOT! Whatever that is...:cool:
And congrats on your 100th post! Have some karma!

Thanks fae the kahma, Mr Whelan! (How much do you need for one of those posh lil` squares?)

Good luck with getting the section staff, I think I speak for all spearos here...Keeping fingers crossed...
BTW, nice article by Mark Laboccetta, good info for a rookie hunter like me (saves me lots of silly questions actually).

Cheers, Joe

Last edited:
i think a spearo section is the greatest idea to come around for a while. i guess that answers the question of why i have searched hopelessly:hmm for a spearfishing section that resembled the greatness of the freediving one:duh

Reactions: donmoore
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT