• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

POLL: Should we open a Spearo section on the main website

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Should we open a Spearo section on the main website?

• Yes - definately

Votes: 71 94.7%
  • No - No WAY!

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Really Couldn't Care Less...

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Mlungu
Definately.....all the greatest freedivers started off as spearo's (well, almost all)

how do you know its not the other way around??:ko

Thats true, but having said that the most famous freedivers that I know (and Iam not an expert on this )such as Pipin, Umberto Pel, Tanya,Megan H-G ) started off spearing before they hit the big time as professional freedivers.

let me think about it . ah maybe ah i dont know , wondering wondering , wondering , am *%^&()£$"_ ah dam right a dam yes yes all the way !!!!!

OK folks - we're going to take the plunge and look to start a Spearo section on the main website.

We're going to be recruiting a Spearo Editor (to work with the rest of the editorial team) and Spearo Staff Writers and Writers. If you are interested in any of these positions please email or PM me.

OK folks! I'm pleased to announce that we've appointed Harold Gibson (AKA Fuzz from the forums) as the new Spearo Editor for DeeperBlue.net.

He'll be working with me and Malcolm James (the managing editor) over the coming few weeks to setup the Spearfishing Section on the DeeperBlue.net main website.

We're now looking for Staff Writers and Writers to join the team. If you're interested please PM or email me at stephan.whelan@deeperblue.net

So - a HUGE welcome to Fuzz!

Hi Everyone,

Due to unforseen circumstances we no longer have a Spearfishing Section Editor.

We are now actively looking for a Spearfishing Editor to help build and manage the Spearfishing Section on the main site. If you think you'd like to be a part of the dynamic team and manage a section on the site then please apply directly to me at stephan.whelan@deeperblue.net

I'm not a spear fisher, but I like to try some day.

I often like to read about spearfishing, and if it would be on a seperate forum I don't know if still would, because the subjects attract me most of the time.

The other thing is that freedivers an spearfishers can learn a lot from eachother, and seperating the small community into two would not help.

Furthermore spearfishermen and freedivers have often a different view, being on one forum helps understanding each other greatly.

If it does become seperate, I hope I can still see the 10 active topics on the main page, so I can drop by if I see an intresting subject.

Love, peace and water!
Kars

we are still in the same forum KARS, we can read and post in both section. There is no border in between, but seperating the sections makes the forum more tidy:)

Kars,

I think you may have mis-understood. There is already a Spearfishing section on the forums (in fact you are in it already!). What I am talking about is our editorial section on the main site http://www.deeperblue.net

We require an editor to build and manage the Spearfishing Editorial content :D

Ok, then it's fine with me, thankt for the explinations!

Carlos.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT