• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pool training for spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I start with stretching - body and lungs, then four - five statics increasing holding time time (helps me to calm down).
Then laps: 25 - 30m swim, stop, swim back; no breathing in between. And I try to increase gradually the "stop" time.
In the sea, if the conditions are right (no big waves, no current), I can usually match the pool times.

"My pool training consists of staying out of the pool for as long as possible." Because of C19?

Because of C19?
no. It just meant spearfishing in open water is the best training for spearfishing, with pool being nowhere in the picture. I agree to the point. Not everyone is fortunate to live on the shore and be able to spearfish often enough. The thing about public swimming pools though, is that they do not have freediving safety capability, and most pools outright prohibit feediving.

I know Vancouver (BC) has freediving club and weekly gatherings, after hours when pool is closed to public, and do their organised training sessions that way. Perhaps this would be the way to go about getting at least some breath holding.

But then, training for spearfishing means something different, not a breath hold training. It would be testing spearguns, learning better sight picture for greater accuracy, getting better at reloading, testing overall gear combinations etc. Backyard swimming pool is probably the way to go for that.

Hello. I prefer slots with video effects, and I have the opportunity to play at https://slotscity.ua/. It is on this site that you can immerse yourself in endless gambling opportunities. In addition to video slots, you can play slots with classic and modern themes. And, of course, there are those exciting bonuses and promotions that make the game even more interesting!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT