• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pool training: Lap swim for freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

growingupninja

Lance (@socalspearit)
Mar 20, 2011
"Once I started teaching, I began to realize that for new divers without a swimming background, the whole process of going to a community pool lap swim can be intimidating, and while they may have figured out that all top ocean and depth freedivers train to varying degrees in pools, the new diver may not be sure where to start.

2b1057_cd1543439bce4b4cb461eb8814e8988c%7Emv2.jpg

Here's some tips, useful not only to freedivers who have no history of pool training, but also for freedivers who may be quite at home in a lap swim but looking for the best way to train specifically for ocean/depth diving in a swimming pool..." [continued...] http://www.socalspearit.com/single-post/2017/07/03/Pool-training-Lap-swim-for-freediving

Very nice blog post! I am in the process of reviewing my training schedule and I will certainly implement some of your ideas. I have been training with a suit but will leave it at home for those fast paced trainings from now on. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Sent from the abyss

Informational blog post. You shared the great and helpful tips for pool training. And really these are not only useful for ones who have no history of pool taring but also for ones looking for the best way to train for ocean and depth diving in a swimming pool.

And I like the video that you shared in your blog post.

Thank you for sharing your valuable experience!

Diving Adventure Maldives

Thanks! I used to get raised eyebrows for my training style from some pool freedivers but I am told that Trubridge has also been pool training this way for years--no weight, no wetsuit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks! I used to get raised eyebrows for my training style from some pool freedivers but I am told that Trubridge has also been pool training this way for years--no weight, no wetsuit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense to me. Will try it out tonight. Anything that may benefit mdr is worth trying.

Sent from the abyss

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT