• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pool Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sturgeon

Feb 1, 2002
I posted this earlier under the "Fin Lineup" thread to Jon. But then decided that probably wasn't the appropriate place for it so I figured I'd start a new thread here.

So, here's my question: I've posted a workout I've been doing recently and I was wondering if anybody else does anything similar to this type of training and/or would some people maybe try my workout and tell me if it's too easy/hard, etc. Or not what I should be doing.

Thanks in advance for everybody’s input!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I've been doing 25 yrd underwater dynamics on a 30 sec time clock. That's about 15-20 sec to swim and about 10-15 sec to breath up. I can only do 10 of these. Talk about an ass kicker!!!! And after that, just to make sure I'm not having a good time, I've been doing 50s on a 1:30 interval (I can only make 4-6 of these). But before all that stuff I start off with 10, 50 yrd under/overs (1st lap underwater dynamic, 2nd lap freestyle on surface) on a 1:00 clock. These are by far the easiest for me out of the 3 exercises. After all the breatholding stuff is over, I finish off with a 200 yrd kick (with board & fins) alternating one lap hard fly (dolphin) kick and 1 lap medium freestyle (flutter) kick. I would love for someone else on DB to give this workout a try and let me know what they think of it."

1) 10 x 50 yrd under/over on 1:00
2) 10 x 25 yrd dynamic on 0:30
3) 4-6 x 50 yrd dynamic on 1:30
4) 200 yrd kick w/ board & fins (alternate one lap hard fly w/ 1 lap med. flutter)

Scott

Reactions: donmoore
A few questions?

1). How long does this workout take you in total? Is there a restriction on the amount of time you can spend?

2). How often per week do you do this?

3). What are your Pb's in terms of:

Dynamic
Static
CW

RC,

For about 3-4 months leading up to Brazil, I was doing this type of training 3-4 days/week with an Italian guy named Peppo Biscarini. But that was a year ago. I just started back with pool stuff and between diving, UW hockey, and my family; I only get to the pool once/week. The workout takes 30-45 minutes (this includes a 100 yrd freestyle warm-up). Between exercises I do a slow 50 yrds to try and bring my heart rate down a little bit before continuing on to the next exercise but during the exercises there is no resting other then what the interval allows.

PB dynamic 100 yards (4 lenghts short course), wet static 4:30, and CW 110 ft. I just went through the PFD clinic in Miami and significantly improved my static and dynamic but due to bad weather did not get a chance at improving my CW.

Do you do this type of training? If so, do you find benefit from it?

Scott

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT