• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Portland Spearo BBQ

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Weather forecast looks pretty grim for friday is the BAR BQ still on as it looks like rain and south east winds.

Yep.

The BBQ is still on. We can hold it indoors if needed (we've got loads of room!).

Even with a nasty South Easterly blowing we can still fish the West side of Portland and Chesil beach. My next door neighbour caught a 11lb bass off the beach.

We were out killing tonight and the vis was good and the water is getting warmer.

Cheers

did anyone catch much on Friday? I was going to come but my band had a gig at the last minute..... Water looked horrid anyway... what was it like?

The weather was pants. The vis was pants. 24 people turned up and had a good time.

As far as fish were concerned, I donated a freezer full of bass, plaice, mullet and a small flounder. Four people ventured into the murky water and the prize was won by Phil who speared a very small pollack.

Were gonna have another one next month. I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers

AG :wave
www.busterlung.co.uk

Thanks for the food and drink at the BBQ it was a great night and pleasing to meet other spearo's of all different abilites.Hopefully next time we can get some spearing in aswell.If you need anything for the next BBQ please let me know.

Good new's about the BBQ on the 11th june.Hopefully the weathers been ordered this time so i can try to bag some fresh fish.Weather is really poor at the moment so it doesn't look like i will get any practice in for the next week or so.

When I saw the title of this thread:
'Florida Spearo BBQ'

My first question was, which spearo is going to be barbequed? What did he do wrong?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT