• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Powerhead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spoons... spoons work for me on mackerel and some snapper.

andrsn

Spoons? Like the kind I use Rod and Reel? or the common house-hold variety?

I used to drop my dive knife and nail 'cuda. those things are so currious....

Willer

Oh PUHLEEZE Willer , that's SO 20 th century ... rofl
Griff , will you be able to vary the vibrations on this thingy ? Maybe get a preprogrammed remote with a selection for different species .
Sigh ...I always thought making my own flashers put me up there amongst the pioneers of spearing advancements . :waterwork

the spoons you eat w/.

much cheaper than dropping your knife. plus you can pick em up cheap. real cheap if you frequent diners. but, i would never do such a thing.

later,
andrsn

Has anyone tried strumming the bands to attract fish ? Been told this works , never tried it . When I see a fish I want I forget everything else ...

Originally posted by icarus pacific
not since Denny's 86'd his big boffo ass...

sven
Can someone give me a Rebel-to-Yankee translation of that?
Or bettter yet a Sven to english trans?

btw Abri, re the strumming of bands, I have noticed that some fish will turn from swimming away from me to a broadside position. But only sometimes. I use it as a last ditch method to turn a fish thats almost out of range. Although usually I just plug the critter through his uhhmm backside and get a frontal exit. Damn I lurve my RA and this nice Eaglehawk Merlot I'm drinking...

Oh well back to my bottle..

s'matta? English your second language?

Denny's is a chain of very mediocre restaraunts, the kind where the toast tastes like the fruit tastes like the sausage and the coffee tastes like the dishwater... always a good place to "augment" the flatware stock.

86'd is a term for getting thrown out of a place.

And big boffo is a term bestowed on the sultaniest and smoothest acknowledging a good set of deeds. I hope.

sven

I go there after work a fair bit (hey - it's the only place open at 0300hrs!) might have to liberate a trinket or two.

Food there tastes like a swift kick in the teeth, but the staff - now there's a few cuties I would like to "liberate"

:chatup

Willer

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…