• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Powerhead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Originally posted by Amphibious
on a side note - has anyone tried throwing stones? some of our largest fish were taken by tossing a few stones/shells a few feet in front of us and watching them fall. the fish would run up to check it out, "chink!" dinner......

Willer

spoons... spoons work for me on mackerel and some snapper.

andrsn

Spoons? Like the kind I use Rod and Reel? or the common house-hold variety?

I used to drop my dive knife and nail 'cuda. those things are so currious....

Willer

Oh PUHLEEZE Willer , that's SO 20 th century ...;) rofl
Griff , will you be able to vary the vibrations on this thingy ? Maybe get a preprogrammed remote with a selection for different species .:D
Sigh ...I always thought making my own flashers put me up there amongst the pioneers of spearing advancements . :waterwork

the spoons you eat w/. :D

much cheaper than dropping your knife. ;) plus you can pick em up cheap. real cheap if you frequent diners. :cool: but, i would never do such a thing. :D

later,
andrsn

Has anyone tried strumming the bands to attract fish ? Been told this works , never tried it . When I see a fish I want I forget everything else ...:eek:

Originally posted by icarus pacific
not since Denny's 86'd his big boffo ass...

sven
Can someone give me a Rebel-to-Yankee translation of that?:D
Or bettter yet a Sven to english trans?;)

btw Abri, re the strumming of bands, I have noticed that some fish will turn from swimming away from me to a broadside position. But only sometimes. I use it as a last ditch method to turn a fish thats almost out of range. Although usually I just plug the critter through his uhhmm backside and get a frontal exit. Damn I lurve my RA and this nice Eaglehawk Merlot I'm drinking...:eek:

Oh well back to my bottle..

s'matta? English your second language?:D

Denny's is a chain of very mediocre restaraunts, the kind where the toast tastes like the fruit tastes like the sausage and the coffee tastes like the dishwater... always a good place to "augment" the flatware stock. ;)

86'd is a term for getting thrown out of a place.

And big boffo is a term bestowed on the sultaniest and smoothest acknowledging a good set of deeds. I hope.

sven

I go there after work a fair bit (hey - it's the only place open at 0300hrs!) might have to liberate a trinket or two.

Food there tastes like a swift kick in the teeth, but the staff - now there's a few cuties I would like to "liberate"

:chatup

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT