• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pre dive protein shake

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I will stay out of this one. I have been warned not to post any more of my disturbing comments. ;)

coke!! eeewww dude!!! how about a fruit smoothie or something a little more natural.

ok i will "try" ro replace coke with protein shake. I just couldn't resist to coke, i like it very much:p

no doubt about it, but since you are into bodybuilding too, why not have something that is better for both your hobbies. also a little yoghurt would be good t0o :t

Murat: i just got the two books and no mention on any diet related issues other than: eat right.

its seems like i got conned...again..

My older brother, a SCUBA convert, is all about pre, mid and post dive snacking. Occasionally he talks me into drinking some gatorade or some such thing. Back in my earlier days I even used to leave and go to subway in the middle of a 9 hour dive session.

I have on all occassions that I have consumed anything pre or mid dive experienced horrible debilitating heart burn. Even when I only drank some gatorade. With regards to this, it is very much possible that I have acid-reflux disease. Due to my diet, however, inspite of taking no medications, I experience no heartburn under normal circumstances.

Consequence of compression?

one of my dive buddies is also one of those adventure race guys. You know, those guys who do offroad triathalons like canoeing/moutain bikes/climbing or such. He alway brings loads of the power bar gel packs. The vanilla is the bomb! After about 4 hours of hard diving hit one of those and youre good to go. They are pure, but balanced, carbs. Just what a body needs for sustained activity. I would save the protien for after the dive as it really isnt doing you any good during the day...carbs are what you need during, protien after. Unless youre Island Sands...sounds like she is in desperate need of an all day protien marathon:mad:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT