• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pre dive snacks, supplements

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Cap'n Blutooth

May 11, 2014
What are people's favorite pre dive snacks, supplements? And how far before diving?
Cytomax helps my aerobic training and resistance work. However, never used it diving, in case it makes me produce more CO2. Has anyone tried it or other supplements on dive day?

Context: I only do Abalone and Spearfish dives, and only get the chance 2-4 days per year. So, I don't get much chance to practice or experiment.

liquorish root is good to prevent mucus build up and helps retain potassium which is heavily drained form the body when free diving (the salt taste makes your body think its has a surplus hence the reason we need to pee so much). all you need is one small stick to chew on the way to the dive.

I religiously make a chia seed drink before a dive and will drink it about 1-2hrs before getting in the water. Try it and feel the difference in hydration, endurance and fatigue after a dive :)

Coconut water works awesome for me, a bit before morning Freediving or Spearfishing and after also.

I eat pears and Gatorade or water before and while Im freediving...peanut butter is great as well! Blesss

Depends on goals... I take l-carnitine, isodrink (one complicated with bcaa, minerals) 50 minutes before the training, and antioxidants, vitamins after session with food ( Q10, "super antioxidants" from NOW). Also fish oil and minerals if the training contains functional part... Also there are special antihypoxia pharm things.

Another vote for the humble banana, also the potassium will help to ward off the dreaded cramps. Due to over working my calves over the two days before a heavy bodyboarding session, I got the mother of all cramps which I have hardly ever suffered from before, limped to shore, had a couple of bananas from the car and was back into the waves with no problem............. could have been psychosomatic but I don't think so...... big up the banana! :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT