• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Premix Trimix

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kim Eslinger

Apr 16, 2003
Hola all DB fans....I have a question for our well traveled and well placed tech divers in Europe. I have the funtastic job of finding a way to track down a premix trimix gas supplier in either the UK or in France to supply an archaeological expedition in May 2005 off Cherbourg, France. At present I am speaking to BOC (British Oxygen), but does anyone have any other leads? Air'equid was less than helpful and I'm always looking for an easier/smarter way to supply this trip. Any assistance what-so-ever will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kim ;)

Isn't it, a lot, cheaper to just mix it yourself?

Jon

It could be cheaper, but the size of the team, the time constraints involved and the length of the mission makes it too much of a liability to mix it on site.

Hence my quest for the premix trimix.

Why not use Heliair. The blending is easier because you only have to top off the Helium with compressed air, no need to add tiny bits of O2. Once mixed, you can determine the blend by analysing for O2, as the ratio is fixed you then know the % of He.

Only problem is, for a decent PO2 the END is a little high, and for a decent (low) END then the PO2 is a little low. Either way you will do a bit more deco.

Another UK supplier that MIGHT be able to do it is LINDE, or try www.airproducts.co.uk They say they can do special gases so give them an e-mail see what they can do, or if they know of anyone else.

Just an idea but something to chew on with the rest of the team. It was used on one of the Brittanic expeditions, just because it made mixing huge amounts of gas much easier.

Sean,

great thoughts! I'll try running them down. I'm in a bit of a spot though with our PO2's and what they *must* be. So, heliair isn't a very good option for us.

I will however get in touch with the other gas supplier you suggested. Thanks!

I knew I could count on the DB folks to help me once more.
;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT