• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Prescription lenses

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

frogman

Sep 10, 2002
A friend of mine is looking into getting a mask with prescription lenses. He does not wear contacts. I recommended a Superocchio or similar mask but I don't know if they have prescription lenses available. Has anyone used similar masks? Any info where he can find them? Thanks.

Angelos

Mate I don't need prescription lenses, but the mask I wear is designed for them... its called the Cressi Focus, and it's a great piece of kit. Like most dive gear though, the best way to tell if its any good for you is to head into a store and try it on, to see if it fits your face. The Focus is a great mask though :)

You can have custom lenses put into just about any kind of mask with a glass face plate.

Before I LASIK done I had owned many masks with RX lenses in them- a few of them were low volume freediving masks. My vision at the time was something like -6.0 and I plenty of room to move my eyelashes after they installed the lenses.

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT