• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pretty anoyed at 8-10 sec

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

X-Fins

www.xfins.es
Dec 28, 2004
Hi everybody:

usually when i start a dry static feel me pretty annoyed in the beginning at 8 - 10 sec. That happened me every time. I pack at 100 % can be the reason??

Bye, Luis

Hi Luis,

I don't know what you mean by feeling annoyed, but it might be better to try without packing, or with less packing. It can make things more difficult, especially if you are not used to it.

Good luck

Lucia

Thanks for your comment, Lucia, when i said annoyed is a sensation of .... of .... ¿sea sick? sorry may be my english it´s limited. That beggin in the second 8-10 until the 15 sec. It´s a while. After that I feel me well as usual during the apnea. I remember one time, the annoying was very strong I get a fright and i need to suspend the exercise quickly.

Bye and regards

Reactions: Alison
Luis:
puede derivarse de las siguientes causas:
- Demasiado packing: en este caso prueba con hacerlo gradualmente, ya sea contando cuantos haces o al 80% y 90% de tu maximo.
- El calentamiento previo: estas haciendo estiramientos/preparacion diafragmatica? El realizar el calentamiento de una manera adecuada ayuda a mejorar la flexibilidad toraxica y del diafragma, por lo tanto estaras mas relajado durante la apnea.

Personalmente no me gusta hacerlos al maximo, porque me genera incomodidad el estar reteniendo el aire y las contracciones de esa manera, pero al 90 o 95% creo que me funciona bien.

Saludos,

Roberto

Muchisimas gracias Roberto !!!

la verdad es que nunca he contrastado los resultados de empacar al 100 % y no hacerlo. Tratare de sacar conclusiones y compartirlas. Un saludo.

For the english spokers:

Roberto told me about the convenience of less packing, relax and diafragmatical breathing. I promise to practice with less packing and share my conclusions about the annoying.

Too much hyperventilation can also make you dizzy/quizzy at the begning of the static. Try reducing your ventilation speed incase reduced packing doesn't work.

I wonder if by "annoyed" you mean getting dizzy or lightheaded in the start of static?

Packing (or even full inhale) causes a brief but dramatic drop in blood pressure, which causes such feelings. Sometimes it's possible to even black out while packing, so do it carefully. The feeling usually passes within 10-20 seconds...

Hyperventilation makes the effect even worse...

So you might try:
1. less ventilation
2. less packing and at a slower pace.

Hi !! I mean dizzy. I,m not practice Hyperventilation or strong ventilation.

Today i,ve been doing apnea with less packing and get better. I feel the problem it´s the droping of the blood pressure. I will try to check the pressure but may be it´s uneasy to do in home.

Thanks a lot for your tips and helps, that happen me since many years and I begin to resolve this case.

If a get a conclusion about the measuring of the blood pleasure i let you know.

Regards, Luis

jome said:
Packing (or even full inhale) causes a brief but dramatic drop in blood pressure, which causes such feelings. Sometimes it's possible to even black out while packing, so do it carefully. The feeling usually passes within 10-20 seconds...

Yes this has happened to me a couple of times. The first was when I was a part of a group of guinea pigs in some lung packing research undertaken by doctors and scientists at a Sydney hospital. At the time I was hooked up to an Electrocardiograph (ECG) machine and was max packing, lying on my back. The feeling was extreme discomfort for the first 10-15 seconds then a sensation of lost time and I noticed I was breathing again. I was out for about 5 seconds. The second time was at the side of the pool doing some pack stretching, cross legged. Same again, about 10-15 seconds into it and I felt/heard this crack! and a sharp pain in my heard. Apparently I had slowly leaned back and ended with the back of my head hitting the floor :duh Funnily enough although my sight went for a few seconds my hearing was there the whole time.
Another time at the hospital one of the other guys had a packing blackout after 10-15s accompanied by a decent samba. We were thinking that body position could have been an important factor in both our blackouts.

Anyway moral of the story is to take care when packing. Don't pack standing up either, you will almost be guaranteed some dizziness at minimum and it's a lot further to fall!

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: naiad
If you are hyperventilating, packing, then going unconscious this is probably what you call a white out. Please never hyperventilate there are many risks and problems that can occur because there is no way to control the amount of CO2 or the urge to breath which can easily result into a black out. If you are starting a dry static make sure you are in a controlled environment and have a safety around. Start getting up to 4 minutes without packing. If you can do this increase packing little by little.

Thread is almost 7 years old, I expect he's either resolved the issue or given up....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT