• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problem with my waterway powerblades rubber rails

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lambis

You take my breath away!
Sep 16, 2003
Back from Greece . Great Holidays exept the problem that I hade with the waterway powerblades rubber rails

Teh blades are new. First time that i have use them was in Greece and after the first!!! dive pieces off the sider rails begann to fall off.
This hapen every time I was on the water. I have not abuse my fins in rocks, I was diving from a boat.
I am back from Holidays now and last monday I was train in a local pool and I have lose again a piece of rubber rail.

I love the blades realy. They are very good & efficient. They are build like a Waterway monofin, "layered"
but the the rubber strips are from poor quality. Maybe the was old rubber (like sometimes the windcleaner of a car)

If this is going so I will lose all the rails and the blade will lose all the stabilization.

Any tips

Lambis

Attachments

• powerbladerails.jpg
    powerbladerails.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 374
E-mail waterway and see how good their after-sale service is.
I hope they'll sort it out.
Good luck.

hi motionsync,

i witnessed the same thing in other powerblades, and though i do think that the rubber used is not of a very good quality, the reason why the rails are being cut off is that because you probably kick the fins togheter when you swim. try to pay attention in kicking the blades parallel to each other, avoiding them touching.
and maybe you can cut off evenly the damaged part and going on with the part of the rails left. otherwise you can look for some T shaped or L shaped rubber rails in some specialized shop and make the new rails yourself. but finding a good glue that is lasting a long time is not that easy.

cheers,
rubberpag

Reactions: immerlustig
DeepThought:

I have email waterway but still wait for answer. I hoper that Peter from Waterway will answer to this post.

rubberpag:

It's a good point, but the rubber rails are cut at the outside of the blades as well (since my feet are a little strange I use one fin for right and one for left and don't swich them).

Lambis

Pezman

Thats is sad. They are exelent fins. Waterway can put a better rubber rails to this fins.

When I see my buddys c4 that are 2years old.... the rails are like new.

Anyway is there any shop where I can order sider rails??

Lambis

Last edited:
Forgot to write that Waterway have send me new rails & glue.
Now I am happy again :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT