• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problem with Suunto d4i

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BlueTrin

Aug 26, 2018
Today I have set my d4i for the first time for Nitrox.

After the first dive I couldn’t select AIR anymore, the dive modes could be set only to NITROX, FREE or OFF.

Also for the subsequent dive the depth meter was stuck at 0.0m, also the battery is now marked as low while I literally did only 6 dives with this watch ...

Did I miss something or this is likely a fault with my d4i and I should get it serviced ?

You will have to wait for the No Fly timer to reset to zero. It's a safety feature to stop you from using Nitrox algorithm then switching to air.

Thanks, apparently there were two issues:

- You are right, I have to wait for the nofly before to select air again
- The depth sensor was broken, I’ll have to get it serviced by suunto

Hi everybody! I have a D4 for over one 18 months, and it was working consummately. It was modest, it was acceptable, not all that substantial and very great with figurings. Be that as it may, multi week prior began to act extremely unusual and give me awful readings. At 10m, went consequently to 5m and began the security stop, and afterward went to 12m, and afterward 3m, and afterward 5m once more... all in under 10 secs. From that point onward, on a superficial level began jumping without anyone else... at 1 or 2m, and the water temperature was 80 to 90 celsius degrees.... (that's right, I'm as yet alive! hehehe) Did this transpire of you? Does anybody knows a spot in Malaysia where I can leave it for administration? Much appreciated!
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
Hey if you go on the Suunto website on the support option there is a way to get the service centres in that country.

Give them a call before to go, some will charge to even look at it and a pressure sensor failure cannot be fixed on the spot, it will have to be returned to Suunto so you’ll have to wait the end of the holiday to get it fixed.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT