• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Problue freediving fin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Arya

Dec 16, 2015
Has anyone tried the freediving fin by Problue:
http://www.problue.com.tw/index.php/product/detail/87
F-789.jpg

Any comment on its performance? The price is very cheap here in Indonesia and I'm interested to buy it. It looks very similar to Mako Los Ninos (http://www.makospearguns.com/Los-Ninos-Freedive-Fins-p/mlnff.htm) and also to Omer Stingray, although Problue (and Los Ninos) isn't a modular fin.

--
Arya

The photos of the Mako fins are similar, but not the same. They are probably a local or Chinese knockoff. If you can afford to buy them, you are likely to be the first to report on them here. They sound like reasonable fins, but no idea of how long they will last.
Aside from durability, fit and flexibility are the most important points to consider. Since they come only in soft or medium, that won't be a problem (stiff fins are typically too much for even experienced divers). So, contact them and ask about how wide the footpockets are. Cressi footpockets are narrow, while Imersion are very wide. Most are in the middle.
Good luck if you try them.

Reactions: Arya
The info I got about their size:
Size S (equivalent to 38-39): foot length 23cm, width 9cm
Size L (equivalent to 43-45): length 39cm, width 13cm
Didn't get info about size M.

I do have a little concern about its durability, but also interested to try it due to the cheap price. Have to wait because size S in medium flexibility isn't available yet here. I'll post a small review here when I have it.

Reactions: DRW
So sorry I didn't update this thread for 5 months.

I got the chance to see it in a store here in Bali. Despite the similar look to Omer Stingray, I could see and feel the difference in smoothness of its finishing. I could see some small excess of plastic parts at the blade, compared to the smoothness of Omer (they had omer stingray on display). The blade was medium flexibility and it was about the same to omer stingray when I tried to bend it. They didn't have my size so it was too large for me. But the FP's width was a little bit wider than Omer for the same size (not more than 1 cm difference, I assume). The brand's logo on the blade was carved and painted in silver'ish paint. Makes it looked less elegant.

So, in the end, I didn't buy it because they didn't have my size.

So sorry I didn't update this thread for 5 months.

I got the chance to see it in a store here in Bali. Despite the similar look to Omer Stingray, I could see and feel the difference in smoothness of its finishing. I could see some small excess of plastic parts at the blade, compared to the smoothness of Omer (they had omer stingray on display). The blade was medium flexibility and it was about the same to omer stingray when I tried to bend it. They didn't have my size so it was too large for me. But the FP's width was a little bit wider than Omer for the same size (not more than 1 cm difference, I assume). The brand's logo on the blade was carved and painted in silver'ish paint. Makes it looked less elegant.

So, in the end, I didn't buy it because they didn't have my size.

Terima kasih sudah membantu saya menemukan refrensi tentang fins ini arya!

The info I got about their size:
Size S (equivalent to 38-39): foot length 23cm, width 9cm
Size L (equivalent to 43-45): length 39cm, width 13cm
Didn't get info about size M.

Good for you, getting the internal dimensions of these fins before purchase. Such measurements should be provided as standard, but rarely are despite the existence of a German and Malaysian standard recommending the release of this information.

However, consider rechecking the given foot length for size L, which doesn't look quite right at the moment, especially when it is compared to the equivalent measurement for size S (23 cm). A likelier inner length for European shoe sizes 43-45 would be at least 10 cm lower, namely 29 cm or less. I have a pair of XL (European size 44-46) Taiwan-made Problue F-745 long-bladed fins and their foot pockets are just 28 cm long inside.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT