• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Profile picture doesn't show

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spaghetti

Campari Survivor
May 31, 2005
I've uploaded a profile picture,apparently with success, but it doesn't show in my profile. Does anyone know how to do it right? :confused:

For the curious, this is the picture: :)

Attachments

• dese.jpg
    dese.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 210
Might be to big - I can see if I can edit your profile pic if you want?

Attachments

• spag.jpg
    spag.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 240
Hmm not sure as I re sized your pic & re entered the URL but it is just as you say.. the pic has been accepted but doesn't actually show on you profile page?
One for Stephan I think.

It says I have to spread some rep before I give it to you. Thanks anyway mate.

For profile pictures it says;
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 250 by 250 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller).
Your thumbnail picture is within this but the actual picture is oversize (when you click on it to open it onto the page)..
I suspect that's the problem.
Copy this version onto your computer and then upload it as your profile picture from your computer.

Dave.

Attachments

• dese[1].jpg
    dese[1].jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: spaghetti
That is what I did Dave but to be sure I copied your version but only for the same result!

Okay, you're right Mart. I tried it too and it doesn't work. Not sure why?

Sorry Spag', not sure what's wrong :confused:

Dave.

thank you very much for your efforts my friends.
Maybe Papasmurf can do something when he pops in. It's not really important after all.

I dun know, trust Spaggie to go and break Deeper Blue with a bit of fine art.roflrofl
Trux might know what to do, he's a bit of a wizard with this sort of thing??

Hmm, I think Erik must be right rofl

No, seriously, I have no idea - I tried uploading the picture into my own profile, and it worked fine - you can check it out (I'll put back my old one later). So I guess, Spago did something differently than myself. I simply saved the pic on my desktop, and then re-uploaded it into the profile picture.

I tried loading a different picture onto Spag's profile but that didn't work either. I suspect a fault or some does-it switched off.

Dave.

Did you check the checkbox "Delete current image", Dave? When testing, I left it cleared, so if you didn't perhaps you can try again.

EDIT: hmm, I did couple of more tests in my own profile, and it all works fine, so I guess it must be some limitation of Spago's account, or perhaps some weird bug.

Last edited:
Yep! I deleted it, checked it was gone, rebooted DB, checked again and inserted new image. Trouble with checking your own profile picture is maybe different parameters but I suspect Spag's profile is at fault. As in his electronic profile not his picture profile. If you follow me :confused: . Not a real expert but my work IT setup is web based multi member access and individual non functions are usually profile errors.

Dave.

I mean try using the external URL (first field), instead of uploading it (second, bottom field). If there are any upload limitations or conflicts on Spago's profile, it could work.

Okay dokey. I'm with you. havent tried that. Could put the pic onto photobucket or even the test forum I suppose and then load it from there using its URL. Good idea.

Dave.

Thought: Is Spago's picture space quota full so he can't upload any more pics (to the forum or his profile) until he deletes some of the old ones?

Just a guess.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT