• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Proper Training??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I don´t think that it is a rule, it´s more an advice, because there is a lot to learn on this field. For example in Carlos Coste variable ballast record, a 10 minutes surface interval will fit the 2:1 recommendation. But it will be safe to do another 135 meters inmersion, or 2 or 3?. I don´t think so.
I think is quite difficult to know, when the Oxigen stores are full again. And it depends on depht and time. And O2 depletion isn´t too bad either, in fact a training strategy is to work with O2 depletion.
On the other side, BO is not only due to low oxygen. It´s mainly due to low brain perfusion that also depends on vasoconstriction.

Well as far as I am concerned, I do all the breathing, dive, come up, let myself hypervent to go back to normal oxygen levels, relax, do all the breathing and off I go again.

As long as you feel relaxed then I recon it should be ok, make sure you get your baloon with you, I use it to rest after each dive, plus it's a good way to let other know there's a diver around (and speedboat's can't come near you either).

I do advise you tho to go to a freediving school, even if you are good at diving with no teaching per se, you do need to know how to be safe whilst diving, do's and don'ts.

:)

lungfish - that's a crazy story ! 67m // 220 ft to get a weightbelt - but I guess that's the kind of depths that come easyto him now.

Spearopimp - I think that 45secs on the surface is about half what you need.
I seem to remember somone like efattah (maybe, maybe not - do a search) stating that 1:30 (one min and a half) was the bare minimum of surface time that you needed betwen dives. This is to clear gases and so on.
Personally I find that while spearfishing (normally aspetto) two minutes rest just breathing normally followed by a minute or more proper breathe up feels 'right'. I dont dive deep (4m to 14m - typically around 8m) nor especially long (1:30 to 2:30) but I find that without this 3min or more breathe up on the surface the dive is not 'right'....
Find a way that suits you but look intothe minimum surface time that is recommended.

Like I say I think it is 1:30 minimum...so be careful with 45secs.

Hope that helps
Ed

my deco docs recommended 10 minute intervals between any dives below 30m and 5 minutes otherwise, wouldn't want to go with much less than that - both from a deco sickness point of view but also to recover O2

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT