• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PULCE 40 FOR SALE

andrespk

Mar 28, 2024
Pulce 40 for sale, not hurry to sell it, ill wait the best bid, its in great shape never been used, (i dont know how to load it), im willing to ship it anywhere for the right price, its located in Argentina.
Regards

IMG-20240328-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20240328-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20240328-WA0011.jpg

The Technisub Pulce is a forward latching pneumatic speargun where the muzzle loaded spear tail pushes the piston back in the gun until an annular notch near the front end of the shaft encounters three internal metal balls that fall into the notch to trap the spear in that position. When you pull the trigger the internal mechanism allows the three balls to retract and the gun then shoots. The problem with this ball sear system is over a period the balls wear and corrode and the action no longer operates smoothly, or not at all and fails to hold the spear. The same trigger mechanism is used in the Technisub Drago for which there is a thread on this site showing how the ball system works.

Later pneumatic spearguns used the ball system in the rear end of the gun instead where it grabs the piston tail and not the spear. This keeps the balls away from saltwater and fully lubricated by the oil inside the gun's air tank. A modern gun using this system is the Dolphin from Alpinasub.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrespk
A museum may be glad to have it, often they only have beat up or incomplete examples in their collections. The problem with using a gun like this today is if you lose the spear then you would have to get a replacement made as Technisub is long out of the speargun business.

Reactions: andrespk
A museum may be glad to have it, often they only have beat up or incomplete examples in their collections. The problem with using a gun like this today is if you lose the spear then you would have to get a replacement made as Technisub is long out of the speargun business.
thank you for your input Pete!, yes its in great shape, i might use it if i dont get to sell it and i will be aware of attach te spear properly with cord, I gess the balls and spear could be replaced with some work, would be smart for a new owner to take now the measure of the items if a replace is needed, i dont think the spear would be hard to manufacturate.

Well the balls will not need replacing as they are essentially brand new, spears can be lost by the spear line being broken if it catches on something sharp, although that is pretty rare for woven cord, not so rare for mono. Personally I think it would be a pity to use it as it is probably one of few remaining in such condition and modern guns are a lot better. If you put it on eBay under "vintage spearguns" then it will come to the notice of collectors. Some routinely trawl eBay every day and if they want to add it to their collection then they will bid on it. At 40 cm that is a very restricted size for spearfishing and would most likely be carried as a spare even when they were new on the market. A 55 cm is a bit more useful and 70 cm and up is more commonly used, but ultimately it depends on what is being hunted and the underwater terrain and conditions.

I have worked my way through three Mares Miniministens because everything wears out eventually, mainly because they were used at maximum pressure, in fact in excess of maximum pressure.

I am sure many here would like to see what is inside the owner's manual that came with the gun, so if you have the means to scan the pages then we would be glad to see it. I have been doing that for the unusual or now rare guns that I have come across in recent years. These documents were often thrown away once read by the new owner.

Last edited:
Hello Pete, i think the next step is to post it on ebay, i tought maybe was better for me and the potential buyer to skip the ebay bureocratics and try to solve it quickly, but maybe thats a more efficent approach and with better profit, here where i live we have small and shallow rivers but with plenty of trout, so a small weapon i think would be better, im far away from the sea and its creatures... with the money of the pulce probably ill be able to get some spearo equiptment, since i have onle the fins mask and snorkel and i need everything else.
I just started in this branch and equiptment is really hard to find here only.
Sure i could take pictures of the manual and post it, where should i post that?
Regards!

In Russia and Ukraine spearfishing is mainly in freshwater and there a versatile size is 60 cm for a pneumatic gun. The most reliable guns over the years have been from Mares, Cressi-Sub and Salvimar.

Here is a typical modern gun

The advantage of eBay is a whole bunch of people see it and compete for it, so that gives you the best price. I think you could set the price at 250 dollars as a start bid with a reserve somewhat higher and see what happens. By having a reserve it will not go for the start bid. Brand new guns in the small sizes are under 300 dollars, but you could do better than that if someone really wants it.

As for posting the images you can do it here by using the attach files tab at the bottom of each post. Jpeg files at around 350 KB each are best, you can resize the files in Paint using that facility. A progressive resizing works if each time you rename the file so that you can go back to the size you want without losing the original. All my rescaled images are marked with the suffix R. An original file may be over 1 MB, but rescaling it to 40 percent makes it more manageable for the site to upload.

Where did you find the gun, was it a deceased estate or a relative who has decided to get rid of his possessions when downsizing for relocating say to a retirement home?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT