• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pure Luck!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Victor Reyes

Aug 18, 2007
By: Spearshark32.

Early in the morning my dive buddy and I were ready to go spearfishing in Patillas Puerto Rico. We put our Kayaks in the water and we started paddling to a nearby rocky structure about a quater of a mile from shore. wind started to pick up and instead of spearfishing we ended up riding the waves for a Kayak surfing adventure. But soon our Kayak surfing idea would turn up to be not so good. My dive buddy was riding a very big wave when he noticed that his $580.00 competitor series speargun was lost in action. That was the end of our devastating day. I encouraged him to stay calm and that we will return to look for the speargun when the weather conditions get better. He did not have much faith of finding the gun. So three days pasted by when finally the weather conditions calmed down. Again we paddle on Kayaks to the same spot to see if we had any luck of finding the speargun. The conditions were great, there was a 90% visibility. Not even 10 minutes passed into the dive when my buddy screaming "Victor!!! Victor!!! I found the speargun!!! come over here!!! and as I swam towards him he replied again " Victor you won't believe it, I also found a 10lb. spinny lobster near the speargun. It was unbelievable not only he finds the gun but he also finds a nice spinny Bug. Even though the Riffe speargun was a little beat up, all you can notice is small scratchs on the gun. I now call my dive pay Carlos "Pure Luck" Rodriguez. We ended up celebrating!!! :friday

Reactions: nostres
that is really great, I can imagine how happy he was after finding his lost sheep

We had similar story with my buddy three months ago riding kayaks on big waves. I just lost camera instead of gun. Too bad our story did not have the happy ending, no camera and no lobster too

btw are You in San Juan? I was there when I was working for Carnival, El Morro Fort is where I was going every time, great place

Speaking of cameras - here is an amazing lost and found story from the lastest Dive New Zealand magazine.

Last edited:
I had something similar happen in july. I lost my monofin off the kayak in super poor vis water. I was so freeked out and panicked at the loss, I couldn't manage a dive in after it, went back the next day with a pair of bodyboard fins and after about an hour of dives I found it. It was one of my happiest dives ever, and now that is my lucky mono.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT