• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

pvc gun case

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

defofthecrown

Morone saxatilis
Mar 8, 2003
Anyone have tips on making a pvc case for a long euro gun. I don't know if I should keep poping off the handle or if there's a better way to do it.

thanks

Deft, depending on the make, you might want to just pop off the loading pad. I can fit 3 rob allens in one of my bazooka cases that I can't even get 1 sporasub viper into. The loading pad made that much of a difference due to the geometric properties of a cylinder.

Are your talking about your new Rabitech? Try bringing the handle to a hardware store & seeing what diameter tube it fits with & without the loading pad.

Originally posted by fuzz
the geometric properties of a cylinder.

Don't tease me. :inlove

Whil(st) I use a piece of 1-1/2 for my shafts, I hadn't ever thought about a full on piece of PVC pipe for the whole friggin gun. Though it makes sense, man, that's a piece of plastic!

Howz about taking a piece with a diameter that will accomodate the barrel and all and then gluiing up an elbow or 45 for the handle and then splitting the whole thing on a bandsaw and installing a piano hinge on it. Smooth! Uh, er...not. :eek:

When Daryl recently sent my gun back to me he shipped it in a 4" pvc pipe. He did have hole drilled all throughout the pipe, weight issue maybe? Keep in mind it was a large bluewater gun and the handle was removed.

How about just making a rectangular shaped case out of thin plywood? I made one for my metal tech the longest one. You guys have something against squares?:naughty . Sven nice article on making the teak speargun..but where do you get your hardware for it. I need a handle.

Cingene

Thanks. I have a brand stinking new Aimrite handle you can have for ten bones and a stamp. Gimme a PM or an email with an address.

Last edited:
just wanted to warn you Cingene to look out for stray Mississippians this week as My boys from Southern Miss are flying into town to beat the hell out of Cal...so glad college football has started:friday

Cliff is that Terry Maas' smiling face on your icon? Sven, who are we rootin' for to make this Mississipians go home spanked when they visit? UCLA or Stanford?

Football, baseball, basketball, I don't really pay attention until the playoffs and even then, I could pretty much care less, no offense. Unless it's on the Discovery Channel or features Jenna, sitting in front of the tube doesn't do for me.

Terry's mug is greyer and only slightly less photogenic. :blackeye

Fuzz, The case is for a wabbi 120. I had to take off for New Jersey in a pinch so I put it back in the ~3"D cardboard tube that it was shipped in from FF. I removed the handle and it was nice and streamlined.

Sven, The whole piano hinge idea, as hideously ugly as it would be, would probably work pretty well. I might just use a straigt tube until I loose the retaining pin and after hunting on the internet for three weeks for a replacement I'll probably glue on a lovely step-up and a 90o bend.

Rig, Do you think the tube from Daryl was drilled to let water drain, or was the whole thing just for transport? B/C I was thinking of drilling a bunch of holes in the tube so id dosen't 'fester'.

As for the gun itself she handled like a champ in the water. I'll put up a new thread in about a week and you'll see what I'm talking about;) .

i have a piece of 90mm by 2M PVC pipe that I use for transporting my railguns in. It has a T piece on 1 end and 2 locking caps. If you would like me to take some pics and give a few instructions on how to make such I can do this for you.

Cheers Rob.

OK I will post some info on the beast when I get a new battery for my digital camera... I had a full on review written up a while back but have no idea what I did with it... might have posted it on here or on adrenaline... anyway to cut a long story short my computer crashed and I lost it... soon as I get the new battery for the cam I will write something up with a few photo's.

One Qn though... why not just buy an Rob Allen case?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT