• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Q-Suit, Top of Wetsuit Food Chain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chris M

Nov 23, 2003
After several hours spent, over the last twelve months, on an Apple II Plus computer, using only the most out-dated CAD software available, I believe that I have arrived at the final word in wetsuit technology.
Three weeks ago, I contacted the good people at Quaker foods, and, after several minutes of lackluster haggling, they agreed to provide me with four 6’x8’ sheets of their proprietary, natural-flavour rice cake, at cost.
I received the shipment, undamaged, one week later, and without further laborious and time-wasting reflection, I began cutting the material according to my design plan. The results, to the everlasting fortuity of divers of every discipline, have been unforseeably spectacular....
The Suit, which I call the “Quaker-suit”, or “Q-suit”, for short, as well as for reasons of libel, does not require lubrication to don. On the contrary, an adhesive is indicated, and, after experimenting with a number of candidates, there can be no question that peanut butter, or PB, [superchunk and super smoothe both work] is the best solution.
Not only does PB function ideally as an adhesive, but it also acts as an added layer of insulation for cold-water diving. Thus, instead of requiring a bulky, 7mm. wetsuit, you can dive comfortably year-round in North Pacific, or other cold waters, using only a 3 or 4mil. Q-suit in combination with a 1.5mm. coating of Superchunk applied directly to your skin.
Once in the water, your Q-suit will begin to soften and conform to your body’s contours. You may notice that schools of fish are drawn to your new suit. Do not panic! This is one of the Q-suits many desirable properties, and one that is sure to revolutionize the sport of spear-fishing. Imagine yourself hovering in 35’ of water in your disintegrating Q-suit, cunningly camouflaged by a whole school of bait-fish! Incredible? Yes, but absolutely possible!
Another benefit of the Q-suit when it is used, as it should be, with PB [peanut butter] as an adhesive, is it’s natural shark-repellency. I have spoken over the phone with at least one marine biologist who has speculated convincingly that the suit’s putative repellency would have to do with the animal’s instinctual fear of its jaws being bonded shut, no matter for how short a time, by the Superchunk, thus preventing it from feeding. Fantastic? Yes, but I think you’ll agree, fundamentally sound.
Yet another great aspect of the Q-suit is that it makes a formidable “apres-dive” snack for 4-6 people [rolling around in seaweed or kelp adds a healthy and fun garnish to your impromptu feast!]
The only real drawbacks of the Q-suit are the price, $1400 USD [but remember, each suit is, literally, hand-made, using only 100% natural sheets of Quaker rice-cake], and the fact that each suit can only be used once [with an “in-water” life of between 10 and 15 minutes.]
However, with this suit I was able to easily annihilate my previous pb [personal best, not peanut butter] by over 5m., with a dive of –16m.! [NOTE: freediving is an extremely dangerous activity, and I had safety divers stationed at –3, -9, and –16m. along the descent line. Do not attempt such dives unless you are a trained professional with a reliable support team. ]
You will soon be able to order your suit online at Double-Happiness Dive Technologies, Inc.

Reactions: sanso
rofl rofl
I'm really interested in one Chris! The $1400 USD cost is nothing for the benefits you outline. However, there is one concern I have. Can you guarantee that there are no transgenic products in the ingredients?

Adrian

Adrian,
Thank you for your interest in this ground-breaking innovation.
Only the good people at Quaker, who are no doubt actual Quakers, can answer that question for sure. However, I am currently experimenting with producing my own high-density rice cake or "HDRC" material in my home-laboratory.
Please note that online ordering is only available at this time at Kramerica.com...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT