• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question about Omer wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hooch

Oct 17, 2003
I'm interested in buying a 3mm Omer New Team Competition (Titanium) wetsuit. Does anyone have this suit, and how do you like it? Specifically, is it made out of open-cell neoprene, like the Yamamoto neoprene used in Picasso suits? How does it compare with the Picasso Camu? I'd appreciate any feedback. TIA.

Thanks unirdna, but I've read those threads already. May I ask, how long have your Picasso suits lasted?

Pardon, Hooch :eek:,

I saw that you're kinda new here; figured you hadn't stumbled into the search engine yet.

I've had my commercial termic 5mm for just under a year now, and have logged well over 50 dives in it. It has only needed minor 'surgery' (tears less than 1 cm) on the wrist and ankle seals. The termic coated neoprene hasn't ripped anywhere despite accidently digging my nails in a couple times. I've even had stuck fish run the spear into me, and it still held up (that I actually did not expect). You may not need such a 'bomb proof' wetsuit. I almost always enter on a rocky shoreline, and wanted a suit that would last. Yes, motion is a bit restricted (due to the nylon exterior), when compared to smoothskins, but it's still nowhere near as tight as those zipper-scuba nylon in/out suits.

*I got cold in this suit for the first time last weekend. I was a bit surprised. But this could have had more to do with the fact that I had spent 4 hours in water colder than 50F for 6 days in a row. I think I was low on calories by sixth day.

I also own a 3mm equinox. I've only dove in that one about 10 times though. You can read about that one here:
http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?threadid=39012

Ted

Hooch,
I got this suit. It is about 8 months old now and has some damage on it. There is one hole about the size of a nickel in the left thigh. I kinda like it though, acts as a purge when you, well you know tinkle in the suit :eek: . What I can say is that it is very warm and comfortable. I have owned Deep Sea and Xcel one piece suits previous to the OMER and the OMER wins all categories except durability. But then again, what do you expect from an open cell suit. I don't know if the titanium lining makes the suit any warmer but I do notice that I use less lube than two of my partners who have Picasso suits. Watch the seams if you decide to buy the OMER. The glue around the seams on mine started to come apart though the stitching held. A little aquaseal wetsuit glue on those high stress areas and so far no other problems. Sorry but I can't give you a head to head comparison between OMER and Picasso as I have never tried a Picasso. Do you fit off the rack suits? If not, do a search about Elios wetsuits. I have heard really good things as far as durability, and warmth. Comfort should not be an issue as these guys can be tailored to your exact dimensions. Hope this helps. BTW welcome to the forum.

Brad

Reactions: Alun
Thanks for the info fellows. I have a XCEL 345 one-piece, but it's not very good for freediving. Looks like 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT