• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question that come with experience

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

er453r

It's PBJ time!
Sep 11, 2004
So after about 1 year of freediving there are some things that still bother me:
1. Is there a struggle phase while doing dynamics? Cause' I'm doing my max of about 50 meters without fins, and I don't know if I can swim further, cause' I don't feel "diaphragm cramps" (additional question - is there a term like this :p) like in static, but I feel a big lack-o-air :p.
2. I also experiment with packing technique, and it works v. good with dynamics (about 3 packs - is that low? what's an average?), but while statics my lungs fell like they are going to blow, witch distaracts me and I've poor results. So is packing recommended with statics?

Big THX in advance 4 answers and sorry 4 possible mistakes (I'm from Poland :/)

I have tried packing with dry statics and have observed that my apnea times consistantly diminsh when I do this. I think the use of packing is to stretch the lungs slowly over time which in the long term scope will increase your apnea times.

All of my maximum statics have come with extreme packing. Packing to the point of extreme discomfort, using the cheeks as an additional air reservoir. Same for my friends; best results with crazy packing. The secret, in my opinion, is to learn to 'cope' with the discomfort and relax anyway, despite the huge air volume. This takes practice.

I find that doing a load of pack-stretches before I get in the water helps my static - but that actually packing as part of my breathe up knocks them right back. For me and most of the people I have been training with it seems to drive up the heart rate and stop people feeling relaxed

but like most things in freediving - its very personal and individual so try both

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT