• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ajwaverider

Jan 3, 2004
I recieved all the gear I ordered today and I have 2 questions.
First does anyone know how to take the blades out of a pair of
cressi sub rondine gara's.I took the scews out but the fin only moves a small amount about 1\8 of an inch. Second I have a Bandito pather speargun that came with a 6mm point . I tried to put the point on the shaft but it will not fit . I bought a spair shaft
and it wil not fit that one either. I tried the tip off my pole spear
and it will not fit either shafts but the tip that came with the gun will fit pole spear.

Attachments

• pict0003.jpg
    pict0003.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 228
The blades on the garas do come out if the screws are removed. Mine are old and were pretty stuck, probably yours too. Funny, the picture looks like my garas except that the blades look a couple of inches longer. Maybe they are a different model.

Connor

I figured everything out . The fins weren't stuck , you have to pull the end of the footpocket ribs out to release the blades. there are little rubber post that fits in a second notch on the fins.Theyare not like the sporasubs that have only one notch.On the speargun shafts I had to use a die and rethread them,if you look at a male 6mm thread it starts out a little smaller at the tip.
These shafts had no taper at all and I went thru a whole box of adapters at the local dive shop with no luck.7mm was to big and the 6mms would only go on about three threads.The cressi fins are Compione del Mondo.The blades are about 28 inches long without the foot pockets.

Hey CDavis are there any good spots to freedive in Sarasota without a boat?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT