• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Margo Femrite

Mar 1, 2005
Since no one seems to interested in the survey, so if people could answer this question by repling, e-mailing, pm-ing - I don't care how, but please do.
I need the answers from as many people as possible:

*6. Where/How did you learn about the sport of freediving? (Be detailed if you can, I would like to use this information in my thesis)

...thank you to those who choose to, and very much thanks who decided to take the full survey too.

No one? did you not get my e-mail? (sent 5 days ago).

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=59087"]Survey for Primary Sources[/ame]

Last edited:
Margo,

You have gotten crossways to DB's legendary politeness. I know you got my survey; "no one" is the wrong description. Its ok.

Sometimes people miss posts like your survey. Its ok to try again and I hope you get some more replys.

Connor

Guys, I am sorry if that sounded like I hadn’t appreciated your replies, I even said "and very much thanks *to those* who decided to take the full survey too" -That was meant for you. (I tend to have really bad grammar when I am in a rush...) But I had only 4 replies, you 2 included. I needed more. And after it being quiet for so long, I thought that reposting the survey may seem like I was harassing everyone. So I started this new thread so those who may not want to contribute a whole survey could still help me out. I did not mean it as an insult, and I am so, so sorry if that is what you thought.

Ok, I am not quite sure if this is sort of what you need but here goes:

I started snorkelilng from a very young age (5 or so) in Cuba. A few years later my dad started taking us deeper and deeper using an inflatable tube to "fall back on". So it was he who got us interested in freediving, he also used to spearfish when younger. In the summers it was literally eat, sleep, freedive. However freediving to me was only a recreational thing. I had obviously heard of Pipin but I never asociated it the whole thing as a sport. It never occured to me there was so much more to it until about a month ago when I started researching for better equalization techniques. I found this forum, and I have been hooked ever since.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT