• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

quick review... new generation waterways

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi guys,

I recieved this package yesterday and surprised to see some color action from waterway :D

My waterways are 3.5 (the yellow ones) and I love them! I abused them, used them in deep, in shallow, in looooong surface swims and they all make me smile ;)

well I bought this new pair for a friend and lets look whats different.

First thing is the color, unlike the transparent classic waterway color, new fins are in blue-green and dull. Fin rails are tough and the quality is A grade. I heard the coplaints about broken fin rails but I guess the new generation fins solved this issue.

Note that both fins are new generation but one is newer :D

I just realised that the fin rails on the blue one are 1mm thicker than the old ones.

Reactions: w3ac
I ordered them through turkish distributor of the waterway.

VERY VERY NICE :D

I guess they are the perfect colour for DEEEEEEEP bluewater hunting :D

Yes indeed :D but believe me, even the original mustard color is kinda camo in the deep (its a little transparent and turned into green after 10m)

I love those fins, what is the model???
is it the Captain Nemo ones?

I have found a French reseller who sell them for 169 Euros, here is the link

Captain NEMO

Hey, that's a nice price...

Every thing is soooo expensive here in France!!!
Anyway, it seems that those fins are really nice but I haven't made my choice between C4 Falcon 30 and those Captain Nemo fins... and price matters...

I already have fiber fins (beuchat) and I'm quite happy with them. Well, I don't know

hey memo are those have nemo footpockets? I read that footpocket especially designed to give angle to the blade for easier surface swim. And XX1 is already habe angle on the blade and they have nice camo only 30 euro more than waterways (XX1 is 140 euro without tax, KDV). In this case XX1 would be wise choiice to have;)

For me, i will get the C4:cool: I hope they won't break and need to buy fiber:hmm

well, the footpockets in these pics are picasso, I love them. You are right XX1 is 30€ more but this is a matter of personal choice, I love simple but effective fins. Instead of giving a CF fin €200+ I will probably get 2 waterways in different stiffness.

I dont think there will be a huuuge performance difference between a falcon 30 and a waterway stf:4 .

on the other hand, the technology in XX1 and waterways are different, I examined them both, and XX1 construction resemles a CF fin, but waterways have the skeleton look on the backside.

memo,

is it practical two have two different blade and one footpocket? Do you use any glue or smillar to mount them? or its just screws like OMER's milleniums? how much time you need to take of the blades and mount the other ones?

Hey memo,
About the XX1 fins... my dive buddy has a pair, I didnt notice being made like a CF fin, it really looked like the waterways with the grooves "the skeleton look on the backside"
Maybe XX1 makes fins like specialfins's Stereopro or kelpie...

Murat, just to answer the question for Memo (hope you dont mind)
This is my opinion,
I have Specialfins and millenium blades and Omer footpockets... they are used by screws (no glue!) and it is really simple to change them on a boat (not that i do it much since i prefer my speshfins). It would take you about lets say 5 minutes. But you have to know how to do it, when I first got my fins, it took me a long time to mount them to my footpockets... but after a few goes it was really easy. hope that helps :)
Also, it saves space, i can fit my speshies and my milleniums in the same specialfins bag :D

Murat,
To have a single footpocket will save you space and thats all, I will prefer 2 footpockets anytime. IMO putting a fin to a pocket properly one time is the proper way. As Snorkelbum said, it will take you less than 5min once you get used to the procedure..

Originally posted by Snorkel Bum
Hey memo,
About the XX1 fins... my dive buddy has a pair, I didnt notice being made like a CF fin, it really looked like the waterways with the grooves "the skeleton look on the backside"
Maybe XX1 makes fins like specialfins's Stereopro or kelpie...

well, I know they used to have that structure.. but in the new series that structure is replaced, I'm pretty sure about it, as I have checked them less than one month ago.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT