• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Quick Slay in the Bay

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rolando

Jun 16, 2003
Went out early Saturday morning (10/18) mostly to check that my newly repaired boat was running on all cylinders (pun intended). The weather out on the reefs was not too appealing for my 17 footer so we decided to stay in the bay.

The Dutchman (Deepdown) and myself shot six Miami Mangrove Snappers within an hour or two of spearing. Visibility was about 10 feet and we used smaller guns (90cm Viper Sporasub and 82cm Omer Excaliber). Size ranges of the snappers were from 14 to 19 inches (regulation size is 10"). And oh by the way, the boat worked great.

This is not much as far as a picture or day of hunting, but I thought some may be interested. Hopefully, the activity on this thread will heat up with nice visuals in the future. Enjoy!

Attachments

• mangos and me.jpg
    mangos and me.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
Reactions: Murat
Nice fish.......... and nice watch!

Rolo, let's shoot (pun not intended) for this saturday if the weather holds. Today, the water in the beautiful Florida keys was dirtier than the women I nailed while living in Paris.

rofl Sorry about that dirty Paris girl ! Nice looking fish Rolo I hope the weather lays down soon. I have not touched the water in three weeks.

Aq

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT