• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rab Hunter, Concept Silent or Orca Thula - best?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fish_Nailer

Mar 31, 2005
Which gun would you buy? All are railguns but I don't hear too many people talk about the Esclapez guns other than the cheap challenger.
I have never seen the Orca's or Rabitech's in the flesh but I hear they are good guns, on the other hand I have looked at a "Concept PRO" in a dive shop VERY NICE - the PRO is the same as the silent but the silent has no reel.

Thanks for your input guys this will help me immensly.
Cheers :wave

I ordered a Rob Allen, haven't shot one yet. I have a Rabitech Stealth "90 and love it. It's a great gun, well built, light in the water and deadly accuarate. I shoot it with a single 20mm and a single wrap of line. I got the Ali and found it extreemly light and easy to track with. I'd reccomend the Ali

Hiya
Ive got a concept pro, I like it, its never done anything silly and is very accurate; its got a couple of handy features that I like. My husband has an Omer but I much perfer the Esclapz (he says the opposite of course). I would imagine that the RA or rabbitsteeth are stronger though but a fair bit more cash too

Are you more into the Euro or American guns Allison?

I find since i got into the railguns, i've been using my Rabi more then my RIFFE. Not that the RIFFE is a bad gun, but because it's easier to load and shoot and deadly accurate. That and i'v just been seeing small fish latley.

I want to get more acustomed to the RIFFE though. There's a lot of untapped potential in it. I have to start using it for what it was made to be used for and not shooting a 9 32nd shaft with it.

Cant answer that honestly yet as I havent actually used my Riffe (only bought it in the begining of December) but whether I like it or not, I will always favour the Euro gun because no one sells American guns or parts in the UK :( (Why?) The things that swung me towards the Riffe where:

• ease of loading (thin bands)
  • Manouverability (we made a quick moke up to try, brilliant)
  • [size=-1]versitlity (can use 1 or 2 bands depending on what Im doing) usefull when I have to walk a long way to a dive site.[/size]
Looking forward to giving it a go in a few weeks hopefully. Should have 3 other guns by mid summer too, Colin is in the process of making them :)

I have just bought an "Orca Thula."

I found it very hard to find information about the Orca Thula while I was deciding on a new gun, basically because they are reasonably new on the market, whereas Rabitech already have a good reputation.

I too looked at the Rab Hunter and the Orca Thula as my main two possibilities. Both sounded like great guns and I hadn't seen either of them in the flesh. The reason I got the Orca was that Adrenaline had a great deal including a float, spare spear and some tetherline.

I wasn't much of a fan of the "Concept" basically because I don't like all those extras on it like the handle and hight trajectory adjustment systems. Reason being that there are more things that can go wrong.

Anyway The Orca Thula has worked out great for me. Its extremely acurate, completely silent, and has great range. The one problem with it is the loading butt. I've found it makes it harder to load the gun as it digs in a fair bit. Anyway I spoke to the guy at Adrenaline and he said lots of people just cut it off. I think thats what I'l do.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT