• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rabitech Again!!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
Hiya

Beautifull 55.5kg Ignoblis Kingfish shot by Loius with a RABITECH!!! What else??

miles

Attachments

• rabitech kingy.jpg
    rabitech kingy.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 444
Great catch. Miles can you please elaborate on the setup used to land the fish (shafts, floats, lines, behaviour of fish while shot, duration of fight) as im in dire need of BWH tips for this summer.

Cheers

Miles, your boat is getting bigger by the day... lots of neighbors to take on a trip? :naughty

rofl rofl

Nice catch... some more details would be interesting.

:duh :confused: :p :eek: :D :t :waterwork :) :(
Wow.... nice fish, I have never seen a fish that size in my waters where i fish...

Hiya

Whoaaaa guys. Read the post. Loius Hattingh, the guy who builds Rabitech Guns, speared that fish. Unfortunately:waterwork :waterwork :waterwork . Well, my time will come!!!

He used a 1.3m Carbon Apex Rabitech, 2x16mm Rubbbers and a 8mm SS spear. It was shot somewhere in the indian ocean at a place called Bassas Da India. Here is the email i received :

Hallo Everybody

I just got back from paradise. John Hay and I went to Bassas da India on a 115 ft yacht, the Mieke. We got onto the Mieke on Friday the 14th of April where she was anchored in Vilanculos in Mozambique. We pulled anchor the Saturday afternoon after everybody came aboard and departed for Bassas. We were 8 passengers and there were 4 crew members on board. Myself, John and Jury Niemand were the only spearo's. The others were scuba divers.

We got to Bassas late the Sunday evening and Monday morning we anchored on the northern side of the atoll. We 3 spearo's had our own duck and immediately started hunting towards the southern side of the atoll. I think the atoll is about 7 km from side to side. The "wild side" is in the south west and proved to be the most alive with fish life. Our main goal was to each get an Ignobalis Kingfish of 30kg or bigger. We were not disappointed!

The fist day John speared one of 36kg in deep water. I also got luckily and got one of 45kg swimming with John's speared fish. Jury speared one in the shallows of 45 kg the next day as well. We then realized that the Iggie's go right into the shallows onto the rim of the atoll, into the white water! The only problem is that if you do not kill the fish with the first shot you will not be able to land the fish and your gear will be damaged. For the next two days we looked for them in the shallows. I got luckily the Thursday morning and speared two. One of 55,5 kg and one of 31 kg. John also got one of 38 kg.

We saw and speared a number of other gamefish as well. Jury got a shot on a big Marlin that swam away with his whole rig. That was a big pity! He also had a shot on a Dogtooth tuna that broke his drophead spear. We speared a number of Wahoo up to 19kg. I lost a nice Dorado of about 12 kg.

We pulled achor in the middle of a storm that Friday evening very late and started heading for home. We got to Vilanculos the Sunday morning all in good health.

This was truly the trip of a lifetime! Great fish and a great yacht. We lived like kings onboard in absolute luxury. For more information on the yacht visit www.classic-sailing-adventures.com

Attached are some photo's of the trip.

Best regards
Louis Hattingh
RABITECH cc

Last edited:
Some more pic's i received.....

45kg Kingfish

Attachments

• rabitech 45kg kingy.jpg
    rabitech 45kg kingy.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 376
simply stunning!!!!!!!

Attachments

• rabitech sunset.jpg
    rabitech sunset.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 364
Stoning 50kg Ignobilises in the shallows...the stuff a spearos dreams are made of.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT